Just wondering..........

lookin4ward

We got a great upgrade. 8A to 8G. An extended balcony on the verandah deck. Cabin #7289 on the Legend January 3rd. Of course, I'm thrilled, but I was wondering if someone coud describe to me what an extended balcony cabin is like. Whats on the balcony? Is the cabin any bigger? General info. I would appreciate it. This is our 8th cruise, but first balcony. Always had outsides. I can't wait. One more thing, will I need a bungee cord to keep door open? What is there to hook the cord onto? I liove this site. Get more info here than anywhere. Even my PVP. Thanks all!

Had to post, would you believe my BF and I are booked in the same cabin on our Legend sailing?! Please post a review and any comments about your/our cabin steward when you return.

As for the cabin and balcony size, the cabin is the same size and layout as a standard Ocean view or balcony cabin. The extended balcony is 50% bigger than a reg. balcony, so about 2 feet deeper but the same length as a standard balcony.

We are looking forward to this cabin. Love the location...only 2 decks up for pizza!:p

I don't have info on the extended balcony....but I can tell you about the bungee cord! Hook one end of the cord around the balcony door handle, then the other end you hook at the end of the balcony where there is a separation in the plexi-glass. Just hook it on the plexi-glass. Be aware of 2 things though.....if your balcony door is open your air conditioner probably won't work. And if the balcony is open and someone opens your cabin door it creates a whooooshing effect and loose papers near the door will go flying.

I LOVED having my balcony door open at night. There is nothing like being rocked to sleep by the motion of the ship while listening to the sound of the waves against the ship. Making me all misty-eyed thinking about it!

Bon Voyage!

We had an 8I on the Legend, also an extended balcony. As said above, the cabin size is the same while the balcony will be slightly deeper than a regular balcony. We had two chairs and a small table. We tipped the steward to bring us a lounge chair which fit if you angled it. I took a nap on it and awoke to a new port with a ship docked across from us. :)

Were you able to get the lounge chair AND the small table and chairs on the extended balcony hstrybuf???

Also....is it possible to lay out on the lounge chair and grab some sun or is there an overhang over the extended balconies that provides mostly just shade???

Thanks ahead of time for any help on these questions :)

It was a bit crowded with all that furniture out there. It was easier to remove one of the small chairs. We were right under the Lido deck and with the overhang from that there was only sun if the ship was turned in such a way as to catch full sun while it was low in the sky.

We didn't have a bungee cord last time and we just propped the door open at night with one of the chairs from the balcony. It worked just fine. We were on the Triumph last January and leave in 69 days on the Spirit where we'll have the exteneded balcony on the Panorama Deck. I hope we don't have too much noise from the Lido Deck above.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

We had some noise from the Lido deck, scraping of chairs and the like, but not enough to really bother us. The noise level will likely depend on your cabin location. If you're under the aft pool, probably not as much noise as if you're under the Lido deck restaurant.

Archived