Travelling with two one year olds....

iluvcruisingtoo

My husband and I will be travelling with our 9 year old and two one year old sons. We would like suggestions of tours in Belize, Panama and Costa Rica that can accomodate the two little ones. We went with them in October to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Marteen it was ok .... but that was mostly shopping ....

Any suggestions (With the exception of leaving them at home :) ) would be appreciated.

My husband and I will be travelling with our 9 year old and two one year old sons. We would like suggestions of tours in Belize, Panama and Costa Rica that can accomodate the two little ones. We went with them in October to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Marteen it was ok .... but that was mostly shopping ....

Any suggestions (With the exception of leaving them at home :) ) would be appreciated.

In Belize there is an independent tour operator who has a "kiosk" (that is Belize for folding table) inside the fenced area at the dock. His name is Gilbert Young, but everyone calls him Gilly. You have to options. You can email him ahead of time and tell him what you would like to get a price OR you can wait until the day you get to Belize and just walk over to his kiosk (to the right as you get off the tender~by a restaurant called the Wet Lizard )

A couple of ideas is Gilly can design a tour for your family that goes to places like the zoo or other places that your9 year old may like and combine it with a tour of the surrounding area that you and hubby would enjoy.

An independent tour keeps you flexible to the needs of your little ones.

His email address is gillytours@yahoo.com Tell him that Linda said hello.

When I last spoke to Gilly, I reminded him that the 2 most important things that cruisers want in a land tour is to know that they are safe and to make sure they will be back to the ship on time.

I have never had a tour with 1 year olds, so I don't know about car seats. Perhaps this is something you could discuss with him on the emails. We do want to keep them safe.

Sorry, we have not been to Panama or Costa Rica yet. Hopefully someone on those specific port boards can help.

Have a great cruise and if you do use Gilly (and you get the chance) drop me a line on here how it was. I love to hear how he is doing.

Happy Cruising!

We went to Belize when I was six months pregnant and now we're returning with our two-year-old. Last time we took a tour of Altun Ha and the other couple in our group had a three year old and he seemed to enjoy running around and climbing on the rocks.

This time, we are probably going to take a ferry to Caulker's Cay as our little boy is endlessly entertained by sand and water, and my husband likes to snorkel.

I wish you luck and I'm glad there's someone else out there that hasn't given up the spirit of adventure just because they have young children.

As much as I would love to go cave tubing, with two little kids, it's not realistic. We booked with Cynthia and Nacho (who appear to have outstanding reputations on the boards) and will be going to Altun Ha (where the kids can run around and maybe get a little culture in them) and then we have some lunch, and then go to the Baboon Sanctuary. This way they get some fun, I get some rainforest, it's in a air conditioned private van, and the under five is free. Something to consider.

Archived