table for two

fanofseas

The wife and I are going on the victory out of norfolk on 10-10-04. And was wanting to get a table for two for the duration. Not that we are anti-social but it is our 10th anniversary and would like time alone for the meals. How hard is it to switch tables once you get on board? I don't mind greaseing a palm or two if I have to.

When you get on board, your dining assignment will be on your "sign and sail" card. The Maitre'd will be in one of the lounges on the afternoon of embarkation....doing their best to make everybody gets the dinner seating they desire.

While it's not a difficult process, there are a limited number of "tables for 2'. As such, stress the desire you have to your TA. While they cannot guarantee the seating you desire, please inform them so Carnival is aware of your wishes before embarkation.

fanofseas--My sister and I cruised on the Victory with a last-minute booking (3-5 days prior to sailing). I had requested a large table so we were surprised to be seated at a [great table] for two on the upper level beside the piano. On the way out from the first dinner we asked the maitre d' to reassign us to a larger table. No problem for us, and the 2-top table was then available for someone who really wanted it. I've never checked out my table assignment upon boarding because I always request the largest table but I would encourage you to do so to ensure the option of a two-top in case it wasn't assigned to begin with. The 'Capers' and/or Purser can tell you what time the dining staff will be available on the first afternoon for consultation/changes.

Congrats, enjoy your cruise, and I hope you get your 2-top! :)

On our March 2003 cruise on the Triumph, we requested a large table but then decided we'd try for a table for 2. We went to the dining room just as soon as we boarded...my husband asked the maitre'd if we could have "this" table and pointed to one close by. He said sure! We loved it and would request a table for 2 again.

It would be great for y'all to get one of the nice tables-for-two if that's what you want; however, as I'm sure there are good tables in that category, I have never seen any. The ones I've noticed (on several cruises) have been isolated in little corners, or near the kitchen doors. Maybe you'll find a 'just perfect' table. Happy anniversary!

My husband and I requested a table for two on our last cruise on the Legend. We had not had that option before and thought we would try it. We did get such table, and the location was great. We were on the upper level of the dining room, at the balcony railing overlooking the lower level dining room. We could see everywhere, from the beautiful chandelers in this center section, to across all the areas and out the windows. There are nice tables. Don't be discouraged. I would contact your TA and put in a request and not chance it and wait until you board for your best chance.

I requested a 2-top for dh and myself for our upcoming first cruise which was booked over a year ago.

On the paperwork I received after final payment was made, it confirmed our table for two for the late seating. When we board, we will see the maitre 'd to check the location of the table, and, if it's not to our liking, we'll ask for another table. If we decide we'd rather be at a larger table, we'll just see the maitre 'd again. No big deal.

We also plan on dining at the supper club at least one evening.

Have a great time! Ours' is an anniversary cruise also.

My husband and I requested a table for two on our last cruise on the Legend. We had not had that option before and thought we would try it. We did get such table, and the location was great. We were on the upper level of the dining room, at the balcony railing overlooking the lower level dining room. We could see everywhere, from the beautiful chandelers in this center section, to across all the areas and out the windows. There are nice tables. Don't be discouraged. I would contact your TA and put in a request and not chance it and wait until you board for your best chance.

This one's for you...

DW and I have had a table for two several times. We actually prefer that arrangement. Makes it more romantic, and you can spend some quality time together. You mentioned a 10 year anniversary, and I think it’s very appropriate for a table for two for that special occasion. There are plenty of opportunities to mingle throughout the week.

If you mention to your TA that’s it’s your anniversary, they usually seat just the two of you. (At least that’s what has happened with us.) I mentioned this time that we are leaving the kids with the grandparents so DW and I can have some quality time together. It’s valentine’s week too, so she got the hint for this next one as well. If not you can make arrangements soon after you board the ship. Who knows, you may not have your seating partners show up all week, which was the first time we had just the two of us, and we liked it

Actually, 'small' could be a table for four. Friends of mine requested a table for two for their last cruise, and their TA noted "small table". They were seated with another couple (with whom they had nothing in common), and moved to a large table of 8 the next evening, as no two-tops were available.

I just stopped by my TA to try and reserve a table for two. She said that the victory may not have many but carnival will do all they can to keep me happy. It would be nice but it's not something that will spoil the cruise for us.

Archived