Easiest (and most effective) diet EVER - no joke.

bardgal

I have been doing this diet for five days now and I must say that I do find it fairly easy to follow. I've even adjusted up to the three meals from one and still able to stick to it. My only problem is that because of the lack of whole wheat I am now becoming constipated. Did anyone else have this problem? I must say the breads have always kept me regular. No whole grain breads means no movement for me. I'm eating alot of vegetables and drinking alot of water.:confused:

tttrrr,She does not recommend Oates but you could have steel cut oats,I got mine in the health food store.

I am a vegetarian,so I eat a lot of the pules,they have a lot of fiber in them,I make my own burgers,instead of using breadcrumbs to bind them,as I did before,I now use corn meal,I have made my own Hummus,that should be high in fiber, maybe you could try that,I found some nice rice biscuits and corn chips in the health food store ,really nice with the Hummus dip,hope this is of some help

Do you find shopping takes much longer now,I read every label and I am shocked at what is in some of the items I would have bought in the past...........

Hi Bajan

I take egg whites and fill the middle with a bit of hummus...it's a version of deviled eggs. Can't take credit for it, though. I saw it in a "Zone" book. I like the taste. Thanks for the idea on what to use instead of bread crumbs to make burgers. That's a good one.

--Spice

I have been doing this diet for five days now and I must say that I do find it fairly easy to follow. I've even adjusted up to the three meals from one and still able to stick to it. My only problem is that because of the lack of whole wheat I am now becoming constipated. Did anyone else have this problem? I must say the breads have always kept me regular. No whole grain breads means no movement for me. I'm eating alot of vegetables and drinking alot of water.:confused:

I don't remember if you can have fruit with this diet, but, for me, an apple a day really helps keep me regular--be sure to eat the skin too. Other fruits will help too--just not bananas!

I think you can have fruit just not loads of it. It's the refined sugar that you're supposed to stay away from. I have been having 2 to 3 servings of fruit a day (apple, banana, strawberries, pear) and it doesn't seem to be affecting my weight loss in a negative way. You get the best "bang from your buck" from strawberries, though!

--Spice

Average day:

Breakfast:

Venti half-caff/nonfat latte with 1 Sweet-n-Low

Two hard boiled egg whites

(lots of vitamins so I won't crave stupid food all day)

Lunch:

1/2 cup of nonfat cottage cheese

2 tomatos

Snack:

Handful of mixed nuts (no peanuts)

Dinner:

2 mahi tacos from Baja Fresh (grilled fish w/corn tortillas - with Baja salsa since there is no sugar in that one.)

OR - grilled chicken salad with homemade dressing - dijon, balsamic, olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs.

B

No offense, but your eating less than 1000 calories per day. And only 300 before dinner?

How is that easy?

Please excuse my question, but I am not going back through 24 pages to find the answer if it has already been given...:o

Why are egg yolks not allowed? I understand the NO Wheat NO Gluten NO Sugar, but where does the NO egg yolks fit in to the basic parameters of the diet?

I started this WOE this morning, and it makes sense for me. Just wondering about the egg yolks.

I too would love it if the basic guidelines could be listed in one post. Does anyone have this information all together, or if it has already been written up, does anyone have the post number for that entry?

Also, does this WOE have a name?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Not sure if my answer pertains to this particular "diet" but I do know that egg yolks primarily consist of fat, while the egg whites are a great source of protein.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I understand about the fat and the cholesterol components of egg yolks, but was just wondering if there was another chemical connection to metabolism i.e. are egg yolks "triggers" in the way that gluten and sugar seem to trigger a hunger response and the need to eat more (they always do for me, at any rate).

I just wondered if there was more to know about egg yolks.

I have read most of this thread and started eating this way on friday. On the first day I was unable to go totally sugar free but it was small amounts in bbq sauce and salsa that kind of thing. On friday I weighed 140, this morning, thursaday, I got on the scale I am now 134. My goal is 125. I am working out using an elliptical, I just got started about 2 weeks ago barely doing 20 min easy level now I can do 40 min with intervals. Ok so enough about me for those needing info on this plan without reading it all here are the high points that I have.

#1 NO WHEAT-which is gluten, this is regular breads, pasta and cereals. There are alternatives to these that are gluten free check out a health food or whole foods store for gluten free products just watch for sugar also. Barley also has gluten.

#2 NO SUGAR-unless it is naturally occuring in the food itself like fruits and veggies. Check the sugar content for fruit online berries are lowest the hawiian type (pineapple, mango, banana, etc) are highest even though its natually occuring you still want to keep it down. Limit juices check the sugar content, myself I just dont drink them now. No sugar means corn syrup, fructose etc. you have to read lables you would be amazed at all the stuff with sugar added. I use splenda for some things.

Those are the 2 big issues other things are limit animal fats, thats why no yolks, limit red meat but you don't have to cut it out completely. You can have potatoes in moderation, had mashed 2 nights in a row and still lost weight, just watch the portion and fats added like butter etc, I use low fat sour cream and cream cheese and chives, so good, best if you make them a day before and reheat for the flavors to blend.

Try blue corn tortilla chips and salsa (read the label salsa may have sugar added). I made brown rice pilaf with onions, garlic, celery and mushrooms. Beans are good, hummus and tabouli are great but make your own tabouli the traditional has bulghur which is wheat I made it with quinoa.

For pasta get rice or some other grain made into pasta I found quinoa pasta but haven't tried it yet. As for bread, I tried a store bought mix that was gluten free I made it, tasted it and threw it away! I have a recipe for bread and pancakes I am going to try.

I like to eat higher fiber foods also. For breakfast I have oats with berries, both have fiber. I love split pea soup, make my own lots of fiber also brown rice and veggies like celery, carrots, spinach etc. Salad with chicken is yummy, most dressings have sugar, I did find Newmans Own Olive Oil and Vinegar has no added sugar but does have wine vinegar which has sugar (grapes are higher) but its minor in the dressing with everything else.

Cut out the booze; wine is loaded with sugar, beer has barley, not to mention the calories even in hard liquor.

There are alot of things out there with hidden sugar READ LABELS on everything, google items to find sugar and or gluten content, bet you didn't know that soy sauce is full of sugar and season salt has sugar also.

This is long so I will give you some websites to help out; for gluten info go to www.celiac.com this site it for people who have allergy or intolerance for gluten, on the left of the page you can find a link for a safe gluten free food list and recipes. Also check out allrecipes and recipezaar do a search for gluten free recipes, I like these sites because users review recipes, rate them and give tips and advise.

Do an advanced search in this thread for bardgal, she is the one that started this. If you seperate her posts and start at the beginning this is where her info is.

I hope this helps and ask questions if you have them. I will try to get the info you need. Post your own success and tips, or struggles if you are having them we can encourage and motivate each other.

JD

I am also sticking to this for about 3 months now. I am honest I somtimes eat glutens but most of the time i dont. When ever I dotn i tend to feel better inside.

Well just wanted to mention i tried the quinoa pasta and I love it. My gluten eating family rather the quinoa pasta than regular pasta it not only looks better but the taste is superb.

A couple of things I forgot in my first (and lengthy) post, a big DO is drink lots of water, and coffee is good, but not a replacement for water. I drink coffee in the morning with hazelnut splenda, water the rest of the day. I have noticed too while doing this plan that my skin is much better. I am 45 and those lines around my eyes are diminished and my skin just feels better. Fish is great of course. If you read the original post she doesn't eat much I can't cut back that much or I feel bad, I think I have a pretty high motabolism and if I don't have enough calories I can feel I am running out of energy, especially if I work out without enough calories I feel like I want to fall over from weakness. Listen to your body if you are hungry eat a sensible snack or meal.

MaryL thanks for the info on the pasta, I do like quinoa, how much have you lost so far?

JD

Hi Guys,

I have been on this way of eating for three weeks(i think)I wanted to lose 10 lbs,I have lost 6lbs as of last week,I do find it a very easy way of eating once you can find the right products,I find I take much longer to shop then ever before,I guess it's reading all the labels,I am shocked at some of the items I used to buy that have sugar in...........

JD,That was a great message you took the time to put out,maybe it will inspire a lot more to try it,I hope so.

I have seen quinoa in the shop but wasn't sure what it was,am I right in saying it is gluten free?I do eat Rice paste ,could someone tell me if brown rice is ok,I don't mean the paste rice,I mean the regular rice?

Hi Baja, glad you posted its nice to not feel like I am talking to myself lol and wow you are almost to your goal. Mary I wasn't paying attention, your post has that neat little graphic that you lost 5 pounds nice job. Are either of you working out? I found a great article online about working out to get rid of cellulite, which I have been plauged with the last couple of years and would love to get rid of before our cruise in December.

To answer your question, Baja, yes brown rice is good, better than white which has been processed and brown has more fiber. Quinoa is really great I found it by accident when I was looking for bulghur for making tauboli but the store didn't have any so I got quinoa because it was really small.

Keep up the good work

JD

Something to get ride of cellulite,,,,,,,,,please tell me more?

my membership at the gym has expired,I am waiting to get into another gym that I would prefer ,but there is a waiting list,so in the meantime I am trying to do some exercises at home.

http://health.msn.com/fitness/womens-fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100234587&page=1 This is the link to the article about getting rid of the cellulite, hope it helps.

I just made a great bean dip; I used 1 can of fat free refried beans,make sure you get a brand with no sugar mine is kroger brand. 1/2 cup salsa again check for sugar chi-chis and tostitos seem to be ok. 1 cup of cheese, I used a mexican blend. Heat it till the cheese melts, I added a splash of Franks since I had mild salsa. What a great snack or lunch beans, veggies and protein and I use blue corn chips to dip.

I also cooked my quinoa pasta today and its REALLY good, used Classico sauce on it, make sure you get no added sugar though.

Don't eat all,I'll be there in a second,got to have some of that dip;)

Wow it sounds sooooooooo good,that would be great to take to a party.

Last week I made a Hummus dip with blue chips to take to a party,at least I knew there would be something there I could eat,everyone loved it,next time a bigger dip...........

I read this entire thread from start to finish throughout the day...it's very motivating, to say the least! Now I just need to find a sugar free cocktail sauce for shrimp and I might just be able to do this...

Well I found this recipe

just mix together about 1/2 cup sugarfree ketchup, 2 tsp. horseradish, 1 tsp lemon juice, and a few drops of hot sauce and adjust to taste.

Do you all think Diet Snapple would be just as efficient as water?

Hey ladies, nice to hear from you vampy, to address your question about diet snapple, I have read and seen on the news different reports that say diet soda etc. don't help people lose weight because of the artificial stuff in them. If you like teas maybe get some flavored teas and make your own sweetened with splenda if needed. I was just watching Dr. Oz and he really advocates staying away from processed foods.

I haven't lost any wieght this week, but I do feel better and my body shape is changing. The reason I had to get serious and do something about my body is my clothes were getting so tight they were at critical mass and I refuse to go buy bigger clothing, now they fit better, almost there. So even though I have not lost weight this week I seem to be losing fat and gaining muscle, which is a good thing. Without the sugar and eating all the veggies I feel better too.

I have found that I HAVE to have a combination of carbs and protein at each meal, good carbs of course. If I don't I feel hungry and run down fast.

JD

Archived