Easiest (and most effective) diet EVER - no joke.

bardgal

We found a gluten-free brown rice / chicken / veggie mix at the grocery store (forgot if it was Costco's or our local store). Hopefully give that a try soon. Of course, there is likely sugar in there somewhere. :(

Losing hope of my husband adapting this WOE. To be effective, both of us will need to jump on the bandwagon. Too much trouble to make two dinners, etc.

We found a gluten-free brown rice / chicken / veggie mix at the grocery store (forgot if it was Costco's or our local store). Hopefully give that a try soon. Of course, there is likely sugar in there somewhere. :(

Losing hope of my husband adapting this WOE. To be effective, both of us will need to jump on the bandwagon. Too much trouble to make two dinners, etc.

Elenna,

At first, my DH did not want to participate. Now that he sees that you can lose weight rather quickly, he is joining in on the WOE.

Let me know what you think of the chicken/veggie mix. I am always looking for something quick to make.

I have been having problems sticking to the WOE in the past week. Tomorrow is another day...

Elena, let us know what the brand is and if you did get it in Costco. I am always looking for things that are quick and easy on school nights.

Now that school is back in session, i'm trying to be very consciencious to the whole gluten/flour/sugar free WOE. I have managed to get the 4 lbs off that I gained on the last cruise, but not the 6 I gained on the first cruise and trip to my DD's this summer. I have to go back to the beginning of this post and review the WOE.

Why can't we all just be thin without having to work on it constantly. I think I was just born to be fat!

Cheryl

Elena, let us know what the brand is and if you did get it in Costco. I am always looking for things that are quick and easy on school nights.

Now that school is back in session, i'm trying to be very consciencious to the whole gluten/flour/sugar free WOE. I have managed to get the 4 lbs off that I gained on the last cruise, but not the 6 I gained on the first cruise and trip to my DD's this summer. I have to go back to the beginning of this post and review the WOE.

Why can't we all just be thin without having to work on it constantly. I think I was just born to be fat!

Cheryl

I had to go to my doctor the week before my last cruise and the week after I returned. She wanted to know how in the world someone can actually gain 5 pounds in one week. She has never been on a cruise before...

This week, I started the 10 week Walk for Life Exercise Program. Maybe that will help me keep my mind off of chocolate. I slipped and had some chocolate last week and have been craving it ever since.

I have definitely found that once I eat carbs, I crave more of them. :(

So I'd need to go cold-turkey with Carbs, which would be very hard to do with husband eating them!

I agree! I cut out the carbs for the last few days and my chocolate cravings and blue corn chip cravings are going away. It doesnt help to see my DH eat a plate of nachos!

This is all very interesting. I have tried to eat this way in the past with great success. The only problem is that I have always "fallen off the wagon". I am going to try again starting monday. We are 4 months off from our cruise and I would like to drop some weight! Does anyone have success with taking one day off a week? It would be nice to have a slice of pizza with my kids from time to time.

This is all very interesting. I have tried to eat this way in the past with great success. The only problem is that I have always "fallen off the wagon". I am going to try again starting monday. We are 4 months off from our cruise and I would like to drop some weight! Does anyone have success with taking one day off a week? It would be nice to have a slice of pizza with my kids from time to time.

So many places now make gluten free pasta that it can be eaten if made properly.

I'm still craving the chocolates and can't seem to break away from them. I'm so frustrated.

Cheryl

Blue corn chips are OK for this WOE. Carbs are another story.

Yes, blue corn chips are ok on this diet....in moderation....not eating half a bag in one day.

I have been on the WOE for almost three months. I have had to take the blue corn chips out of the house because they became my "go to" food throughout the day. If you eat half a bag of blue corn chips in one day...it is time to give them a break. A good way to give them a break is to cut out all carbs for a few days. (blue corn chips are high in carbs) That will cut your cravings immediately.

As soon as I got the corn chips out of the house, I started loosing weight again.

I have been on this WOE for three months now. Trust me, you cant take one day off a week. If you take a day off and eat flour and sugar, it will take your body about three days to re-set to the WOE and start losing weight again.

I have taken some meals off for some special events. Maybe a meal in the month to celebrate a family event, etc. Once you eat the sugar or flour you will get cravings. You have to tell yourself that you have to fight off those cravings and get right back on the plan.

The excellent news is that the WOE really works. You not only lose weight, you feel great and you have a "glow".

So the WOE diet is:

no sugar

no flour

Is there anything else to keep in mind?

Hi,

I am doing the best with this WOE with the following:

Veggie Department

Low sugar fruits (I make berry smoothies)

Dairy Department

Meat Department

Brown Rice

Blue Corn Chips

Some people eat potatos, but I do not.

You can have gluten free bread and pasta but watch the amounts as they are full of calories and carbs

Basically, I stay out of the processed food isles in the grocery store. Not only have I lost weight, but my grocery bill has gone way down.

No, unfortunately I have not gotten back to precruise yet as I can't seem to get back into it. I've been following weight watchers, but I only ever lose about 5 lbs on that diet.

From my summer of 2 cruises and 3 weeks in SC, i've gained about 12 lbs. Since i've been home, i've lost 3.5. The beginning of the school year is frustrating and nervwracking, so I immediately turn to chocolate and wine. I've got to get my mind wrapped around getting healthy and losing weight again and it is so hard.

Good luck to you!!

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you all don't mind me joining you. I am also on this diet or lifestyle and can say that slip ups happen....but just don't be too hard on yourself and continue where you left off. I noticed that when I'm too hard on myself then I just want to give up all together. I had pizza over the weekend...ugughgh. It made me feel like cr*p...got a headache and all so it was enough reinforcement to start fresh. Now luckily I didn't gain weight like expected from that but it was enough to make me realize that it's not good for me.

Anyone have Dr. Gotts cookbook? I have it on hold at the library and am really hoping to find some new things to eat. I'm getting tired of my tostada with black beans, cheese, tomatoes and avocado.

Anyone have Dr. Gotts cookbook? I have it on hold at the library and am really hoping to find some new things to eat. I'm getting tired of my tostada with black beans, cheese, tomatoes and avocado.

I have been getting some good ideas from the magazine Clean Eating.

I think that my slips are because I am getting bored with the ideas that I have at home. I need to get some more creative supplies.

I will admit, I didn't read the entire thread because it is very very long.. but can someone explain to me how this diet differs from the Atkins Nutritional Approach? They sound very similar to me.. What am I missing?

Just go back to page 1 and you will get everything you need to know about this WOE. I have no idea what the Atkins nutritional approach is, but the main thing here is no gluten, flour, wheat or sugar.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info! Where did you find it?

I have been so totally out of control. I hate that!

Cheryl

I found it at Books a Million in the cook book section. I am sure that Amazon has it too. There is also a book that reviews the Clean Eating WOE that I have heard is good. The cook book is just recipes.

I am allergic to gluten; so, I eat gluten free every day. But I still ate gluten free cake and drank a few GF beers yesterday. :mad: I have lost more than 20 lbs on this WOE but I need to get back on the plan tomorrow!

Archived