Easiest (and most effective) diet EVER - no joke.

bardgal

So how is everyone doing??? After a month I am down only 9 1/2 lbs so it is slow. I am still sticking to it. Myra

Myra, 9.5 in one month, that's fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!

I'm up another 7 this month. My Dr. is running tests to see if there is something funky going on in my blood work. I'm not pigging out that much!!!

11 more school days until I retire!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl, You will LOVE retirement!!!! Congratulations. Sadly I do find it harder to not eat when I am at home all day. But I am learning I don't really need to eat. Still I am struggling with exercise. Did 2 miles of power walk and aerobics with tape today. Hope your holidays are shaping up jolly. I have been slow to catch the spirit this year. Myra

Thanks Myra!! Good for you on the exercise!!:cool:

I have yet to find any holiday spirit. I have no decorations up or anything and i'm not going to bother! Two weeks from tomorrow i'm retired and on my way to SC. I have no time to do anything but finish up with my kids, pack my office and get the necessary items packed into the car for my long trip to SC. There will be many more xmases to come!

Cheryl

Amen....you get packed and come on down south where you can really begin to enjoy retirement. Hope we can keep the weather nice for you.

I'm with you! Two weeks until I leave for xmas! Then when I come home, i'm fixing the place up so I can put it on the market and as soon as it sells, i'll be down there for good!

Sounds great....have you decided where you plan to live? Hard to go wrong in th south. Can you tell I am prejudiced toward warm weather..

As far as I know (unless I find something better!), i'm moving to Charleston. I've visited the community twice and I really like it.

It is 23 tonight with 45 mph winds and that spells C O L D !!!!!!!

Stay warm!

Cheryl

Oh Cheryl, Charleston will be fabulous!!! I was there this summer and had a great time. It is so beautiful and southern. Things to do and places to eat...yum. I love 82 Queen.

Am trying to get ready for Christmas but I am very sluggish. Usually by the day after Thanksgiving I am ready. Not this year. I have about done all I am going to do as far as

decorating. Will just have to pack it away again.

We are going crusing to the southern caribbean in late Jan. so I will be happy to see that come. Wish I could lose more quickly so I could relax and eat a bit more on the ship. Oh well, we will see. Myra

Hi Myra!

I am excited about Charleston. I'll actually be living in a little town about 20 minutes north of there, called Summerville. They have some wonderful restaurants which i'm excited to eat in again. Although, when I eat out, there goes good eating down the tubes!:rolleyes:

I've done nothing for Xmas yet. I've decided i'm not going to worry about it. I have out my Advent wreath and Xmas napkins and that just might do it for this year! I'm not going to stress myself out over it when in 10 days i'll be driving down to SC! Now that I am stressing over as I need to get all the presents bought, collected, ordered, wrapped and packed by next Sat. when my friend will come to help me load the car. I am taking a dresser/changing table down to my DD, so it needs to be put in the car.:confused:

I'm also not stressing over my diet until I get back from Charleston. Then I must really get back on track as I am cruising also this winter! A friend from Columbia, SC and I are taking a 12 day cruise to the southern Caribbean! It is our retirement gift to ourselves! This will be my 3rd Eastern cruise in 6 months!! Where are you cruising to and on what line?

I love to cruise, this will be my 18th!

Have a good evening.

Cheryl

Whew...down 11 lbs this am. Slowly but surely. More, more exercise and it will go faster.

We are cruising on Jan. 31 on RCCL Adventure of the Seas. One of my favorite ships and I love the southern caribbean. Especially St. Lucia....well also Barbados, Antiqua, etc. We go out of Puerto Rica. This is our 3rd cruise there. Went to Alaska last year, and Med. before that for 23 days. That was a trip of a lifetime. What is your ship?

It will be fun when you get back on your diet to compare notes. Been out to eat the last 2 nights to fancy dinners and it did not bother me a bit. I ate salmon. Yea!!! Myra

Myra, i'm on Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne for 12 days on Feb. 14th! This is my 2nd time on Expl. and 8th time on RCCL I love that line!

I unfortunately am allergic to all fish and seafood, so it makes it more difficult for me.

My DD was on Adventure for her honeymoon. We're going to Barbados, Antigua, Dominica, 2 VI's and PR. Any must sees in those first 3 islands?

Congrats on the 11 lbs! Good job, keep it up!

Cheryl

This may sound crazy, but I love the green monkeys in Barbados. We have a private guide and he always knows where to take us. In Antigua we have a wonderful guide also. He is lawrence of antigua and he will show you the entire island. Our friends have not been before so we will revisit lots of places. Nelson's Dockyard is interesting. I always advise a guide so you don't waste time not knowing where to go.

Going out of NJ you will get to experience the Atlantic which is often rough. Hope it will not be for you. We are going out of PR as we have done a couple of times before. Love it.

Yes, we are very loyal to RCCL. We are diamond members and love their ships. Some complain about food but hey, some else is cooking and cleaning up. What more could I want. We enjoy the food buy then I am not picky. Myra

Myra, i've experienced the Atlantic many times. Sometimes it's been hurrican rough and others it's been smooth. I've never been in winter though and my friend who is going with me has never cruised before!!!

I've been curtailing my eating pretty well this weekend. Feeling a little more in control. I'll take that for now.

I spent the day filling my car with winter clothes to go to the charity shoppe tomorrow. Then I put out a few of my xmas dishes and decorations. I've been very busy and productive, so that feels good. Going up and down the stairs has been good exercise.

Have a good night!

Cheryl

I am pretty sure this plan would help me out, not only health wise (headaches, bloat and everything else mentioned) but how do I get motivated? I am a carb addict, rice, breads, etc. and eat very little meat... no beef, limited chicken and some seafood. I detest eggs, cottage cheese and other 'breakfast' type items. I really want to give this a try, and have actually started cutting back on sugar and wheat items, but don't know how I can get past the breads and pasta. I've tried rice pasta in the past (several years ago) and it was awful... has it gotten better? Please help me get motivated! I only have 5 - 10 lbs that I really need to lose (and by the 'charts' I am really OK, but I can't fit in my clothes!). I just want to start feeling heathier and less run down.

Welcome Keloh, so glad to have some others to come aboard, so to speak. I struggled with breakfast at first for I do not care much for eggs either. I found so very good wheat and gluten free waffles by Van and used sugar free syrup. I also eat raw oatmeal with a few craisins and milk ( plus splenda). I found I did miss the bread more than sugar. I found a bread I can eat at the health foods store. If you read back you will see it in my posts.

I also bought natural peanut butter (ugh) but I added some salt and splenda and I can sort of eat that with some sugar free jelly. I am eating out a lot so I eat a lot of salmon and vegs. I make my own salad dressing so I take it with me everywhere.

The first month I lost 11 lbs. but I have a lot more to lose. I am sort of at a standstill but I need to increase the exercise and it will go again.

Keep us posted. I know you can do it. I am certainly no expert on this. Myra

Oh Cheryl, I am soooooo excited for you!!!!!! Are you really still in school? Ours were out last Friday. I hope you have a fantastic holiday in SC and I know you will. Don't forget to check in with us while there. I need support for this diet. Merry Christmas...Myra

Wow! The OP who started this thread would be shocked to see the direction it has taken. It has totally veered off course from her original woe (way of eating).

Logic suggests that anyone who reduces calories, no matter how, will lose weight. The beginning weight loss will be the greatest because it will mostly be water and then it will slow down. To lose 1 pound you must reduce calories by 3500 or increase exercise to burn that amount. That's why losing weight is a slow process--think how long it took you and your woe to put on those pounds--it will not come off overnight. Losing one-half to one pound per week, means you have reduced your intake or burned 1750 to 3500 calories. That's a good start and the slower you lose it, the longer you will keep it off. Everyone knows about yo-yo dieting.

Now those of you who are turning to sugar free products, have you bothered to read the label to see what chemicals you are devouring into your system? This thread started off as a "healthy way of eating". Fruit mixed into cereals like oatmeal with yogourt is a nice alternative for breakfast and much healthier than all the processed sugar free products being mentioned of late on this thread.

If you stick to foods that are not processed, salmon and vegetables for dinner out is good, and generally reduce caloric intake and exercise, you will lose weight and it is sustainable. You need to find a formula that not only works for you (eliminating all gluten and all sugar might work for some) but that you can develop into a way of life, longterm. No diet will work if after losing your weight, you go back to your old woe.

And one or two weeks on a cruise will not be the end of you if when you return you go back to your healthy way of eating. If you are on vacation and feel totally deprived then at some point you will end up binging to make up for it. Why not select only the items on the light menu and occasionally reward yourself. Stick to bread sticks or better yet, ask your server, right at the start of the cruise, to bring you a plate of cut up veggies each night when you arrive at your table. Having asked for it you will feel obligated to munch on them and might be able to avoid the wonderful bread basket. Think about your choices before rather than feeling guilty about eating after the fact.

Like any addict, changing one's eating habits must become a way of life, not a quick fix to a problem. In January the greatest number of people join fitness clubs but by March most no longer attend. Why? Because they expected a miracle--instant weight loss if they worked out. It doesn't work that way--it has to be long term. It has to become your way of life.

Cheryl, Glad you are safe and enjoying your visit. I cooked for about 20 for 2 days and did not have much time to eat so I even lost during Christmas...Yay!!!!

It seems you and I have hijacked this thread but as far as I could tell, not many others seemed to want to converse with us about dieting. I am sure we would be happy to talk about our woe. I am down 12.2 lbs. Still a long way to go.

Being in the medical profession, I certainly know I did not put weight on overnight and it will come off slowly which is good. I am not concerned about using Splenda as it certainly helps me lose some pounds. This is a simple woe or at least it is easy for me. I cheat very little but will on the cruise. I will simply fall back on the woe once I am home. Is that your plan also???? Myra

• 2 weeks later...

The person who posted about the artificial sweeteners was right on. Unfortunately, being in the medical profession doesn't mean you necessarily understand nutrition. Filling your body full of chemicals will only create health problems later on in life. There are healthy alternatives-Stevia and xylitol are both nartural sweeteners that are 0 calories. Look them up on the internet and read about them. Congratulations on the weight loss-losing weight must be about getting healthy as well as losing weight.

Pat

Hi Myra!

I'm glad you had a good Xmas and congratulations on losing more weight. When do you go on your cruise. I don't pay mcuh attention to woe on a cruise, I just let go and then get back on track afterwards!

I've come home from SC and faced reality. It is not a pretty picture. I've started slowly by doing WW as i'm not ready for the harsh reality of this woe. I did lose 2 lbs this week, but tonight I went out to dinner and blew it all as I had lasagna and eggplant and then a piece of chocolate mousse cake which was delish! I'm hoping on Monday to get into a routine of going to the gym in the morning and then starting my "work" day of decluttering my house so I can put it on the market and get back down to SC for the birth of my granddaughter! :):D:)

Have a good weekend!

Cheryl

Archived