Easiest (and most effective) diet EVER - no joke.

bardgal

Hey kids!!!!

Glad to know you guys are hanging in there!

Being the Diva™ who started this thread, and having been über-successful at it, hitting my target weight of 117 and back in a size 3 from an 8-10, I JUMPED OFF THE WAGON VOLUNTARILY for my birthday last month when I not only went to Vegas, but also for many days of celebration during GoddessMonth (if I have to be this old, then it's ALL ABOUT ME ALL MAY LONG.) ;)

That said, I mostly cheated only on the weekends, and during the week was back to business. I gained 3 lbs, and have already lost two of them as of today, and not once was I not able to fit into my new Guess jeans. :D

trarecar - Everyone is different. For me, as you can read in my original post at the beginning of this thread, I lost a pound a day for the first week. After that, it came off a little slower, but I had lost 10 lbs in two weeks with no cheating, and eating my last meal four hours before bedtime.

The greatest thing about this diet is the motivation you'll get after the almost immediate results.

Try it.

Cant seem to find this info on the web anywhere, what about popcorn and watermelon? I am guessing watermelon is high sugar though it's a ton of water composite in it, and popcorn (air popped) is just corn?

Hey kids!!!!

Glad to know you guys are hanging in there!

Being the Diva™ who started this thread, and having been über-successful at it, hitting my target weight of 117 and back in a size 3 from an 8-10, I JUMPED OFF THE WAGON VOLUNTARILY for my birthday last month when I not only went to Vegas, but also for many days of celebration during GoddessMonth (if I have to be this old, then it's ALL ABOUT ME ALL MAY LONG.) ;)

That said, I mostly cheated only on the weekends, and during the week was back to business. I gained 3 lbs, and have already lost two of them as of today, and not once was I not able to fit into my new Guess jeans. :D

trarecar - Everyone is different. For me, as you can read in my original post at the beginning of this thread, I lost a pound a day for the first week. After that, it came off a little slower, but I had lost 10 lbs in two weeks with no cheating, and eating my last meal four hours before bedtime.

The greatest thing about this diet is the motivation you'll get after the almost immediate results.

Try it.

kalamari - In answer to your question, check out this Fruit Sugar Content Chart. Water melon has less sugar than mango, but more than cantaloupe. Fruit is fine as long as it's not your main food, and you eat reasonable portions. While a natural sugar, it's still a sugar, and if you were a diabetic, you'd be on restricted portions.

Popcorn is fine as long as it's PLAIN. No butter crap. Salt is ok, just not a lot.

I've gotten into this habit of buying a watermelon every week and scooping the fruit into small containers that I freeze..when I want something sweet at night I eat one of these babies, it's about a little over a cup and it's like eating sorbet.

kalamari - In answer to your question, check out this Fruit Sugar Content Chart. Water melon has less sugar than mango, but more than cantaloupe. Fruit is fine as long as it's not your main food, and you eat reasonable portions. While a natural sugar, it's still a sugar, and if you were a diabetic, you'd be on restricted portions.

Popcorn is fine as long as it's PLAIN. No butter crap. Salt is ok, just not a lot.

I allow myself to have a giant bowl of air-popped popcorn at least once a week, and I melt 1/2 stick of real butter to go with it!! No sugar or wheat in sight. If I am good most of the week, a little popcorn hasn't hurt me and I've been doing this lifestyle since January. So enjoy. ;)

I allow myself to have a giant bowl of air-popped popcorn at least once a week, and I melt 1/2 stick of real butter to go with it!! No sugar or wheat in sight. If I am good most of the week, a little popcorn hasn't hurt me and I've been doing this lifestyle since January. So enjoy. ;)

Even though it's saturated fat, real butter is a lot healthier than the pretend butter flavoring that is put on the microwave popcorn packets.....

Just like club soda/seltzer/Pellegrino is a lot healthier for you (and more diet-friendly) than Diet Coke - it's not that Diet Coke has zero calories, it's all the chemicals they put in it to give it that flavor that will kill you (and strip the enamel of your teeth and make you gain weight.) I have had three friends so far give up Diet Coke and drop around 30 lbs.

crazy......

I have also tried dieting for a while. I only have 15 more lbs to lose to get to my "pre-baby" weight for the August 20th cruise. I had been dieting for years...only to gain back what I lost (and more). Then one day I was watching Oprah about 3 months ago. She had Dr. Mehmet Oz on her show. That doctor scared the living daylights out of me. I have been following his health/ifestyle plan and have lost weight with ease. I wish I would have found him years ago. I feel much better than I use to. He has a book out called, "YOU ON A DIET." It is all about eating healthy and cutting out the bad stuff in food. He is on Oprah pretty much regularly now. And you know whatever Oprah supports is for real.

I have also tried dieting for a while. I only have 15 more lbs to lose to get to my "pre-baby" weight for the August 20th cruise. I had been dieting for years...only to gain back what I lost (and more). Then one day I was watching Oprah about 3 months ago. She had Dr. Mehmet Oz on her show. That doctor scared the living daylights out of me. I have been following his health/ifestyle plan and have lost weight with ease. I wish I would have found him years ago. I feel much better than I use to. He has a book out called, "YOU ON A DIET." It is all about eating healthy and cutting out the bad stuff in food. He is on Oprah pretty much regularly now. And you know whatever Oprah supports is for real.

Hi VaFamily5,

I also follow Dr. Oz's book and now I have (as of Tuesday 6/12) started following this threads "diet"

What do you eat for breakfast? This seems like my hardest meal to eat because of my time restrictions in the morning...

For lunch and dinner I'm very good about low-carb salads with a little chicken or shrimp.

and as an aside..... I'm also getting ready for an August 20th cruise. Fascination

Hi VaFamily5,

I also follow Dr. Oz's book and now I have (as of Tuesday 6/12) started following this threads "diet"

What do you eat for breakfast? This seems like my hardest meal to eat because of my time restrictions in the morning...

For lunch and dinner I'm very good about low-carb salads with a little chicken or shrimp.

and as an aside..... I'm also getting ready for an August 20th cruise. Fascination

Hi Chris and Em! I know I'm not the poster you replied to, but I've been following this way of eating for awhile. Breakfast is the hardest for me too for the same reason you mentioned. Most days I will take a piece of turkey and a slice of cheese or some lettuce, and even though that is not technically "breakfast food" it works perfectly for me. I found a great place to order a smoked turkey breast online that I can tear pieces off of or I will make a turkey or chicken breast or go buy organic turkey lunchmeat, which although not the best is an ok replacement. Don't know if that helps at all!

Have fun on your Fascination cruise!!

Is that what your diet is about? That's what this thread is about.

Hi Chris and Em! I know I'm not the poster you replied to, but I've been following this way of eating for awhile. Breakfast is the hardest for me too for the same reason you mentioned. Most days I will take a piece of turkey and a slice of cheese or some lettuce, and even though that is not technically "breakfast food" it works perfectly for me. I found a great place to order a smoked turkey breast online that I can tear pieces off of or I will make a turkey or chicken breast or go buy organic turkey lunchmeat, which although not the best is an ok replacement. Don't know if that helps at all!

Thank you Mjs125, I have a great health food store right by me and I'll check there as well for breakfast items. Plan on stopping in on my way home tonight.

and to Kalamari:

Yes, Dr. Oz's diet also prefers organic but as you know when you are just starting you have to get used to incorporating organic, gluten and wheat free into your life style. The info on this board has been a great tool.

The whole thread and the success of it has been based on NO wheat and gluten, NOT incorporating it in eventually.

Thank you Mjs125, I have a great health food store right by me and I'll check there as well for breakfast items. Plan on stopping in on my way home tonight.

and to Kalamari:

Yes, Dr. Oz's diet also prefers organic but as you know when you are just starting you have to get used to incorporating organic, gluten and wheat free into your life style. The info on this board has been a great tool.

It seems like the success of this thread has come from people sharing their experiences and bouncing idea's and recipes etc... off of each, all while offering support and encouragement.

Stop being such a poopy head about what "can" and "can't" loosen up a little....

Missy, nobody is being a poopy head...I just pointed out that the thread is about NO wheat and gluten...not about incorporating it in gradually. Bardgal started the whole thread so just trying to be respectful and make sure it stays on the same track.

Go touch up your roots.

It seems like the success of this thread has come from people sharing their experiences and bouncing idea's and recipes etc... off of each, all while offering support and encouragement.

Stop being such a poopy head about what "can" and "can't" loosen up a little....

Not sure how much of these posts that you have read, but I usually have a 3 egg white omelet with sliced fresh mushrooms and bacon bits, served on a soft corn tortilla, with parmesean cheese on top. Very delicious and you can buy the mushrooms pre-cleaned and sliced. It only takes a few minutes to make.

Also, a store near us -- Woodman's, carries rice flour, no sugar bread. It is good for a really quick toast breakfast.

Good luck.

I feel like Thumper's mother.....

I think this is a very important thread, that's helped many people. Posters on this board getting insulted or flaming other posters will get the entire thread yanked and I think that would be a shame.

So.... let's ALL get back ON TOPIC:

~NO GLUTEN, NO SUGAR~

Egg whites and spinach make a yummy breakfast.

Discuss.......

Thanks so much Bardgal for starting this thread! Two days ago I found it and everything you said about how you felt before starting this diet was exactly the way I was feeling. Totally comatose and lethargic after every meal...even though I have always been a healthy eater as far as low fat, low cal, and no caffeinated drinks. I decided right then and there to join in and began at breakfast. Well today the sugar cravings started really bad...but I have sooooo much energy! No falling asleep after lunch today! Mainly doing this for the energy factor...but I am excited to see how it affects my weight and inches...we cruise Jul 15th. Thanks again and keep the meal ideas coming everyone...i need to plan some menus so i don't get bored eating the same thing!

Excellent work lidoluvr!!

When I first began this I lived mostly on Mexican food (hard to cut out the margs at first, but it's possible), but NO FLOUR TORTILLAS!

Your possibilities are endless once you shake off the mindset of CEREAL/SANDWICHES/BREADED+FRIED food and SUGAR IN EVERY FRAKKIN THING (processed food.)

Salsa is your friend. (READ THE LABEL FIRST!)

Juice is your enemy. (Sugar in a glass.)

Beer is EVIL. (Cookie in a bottle.)

One of the best things about this Lifestyle™, is that it forces you away from processed foods. If you must have fast food, be smart: Tacos are good for you - chicken/fish/shredded beef w/CORN TORTILLAS. There is SUGAR in Del Taco's Del Scorcho sauce, but the mild is sugar-free. El Pollo Loco & Baja Fresh are AWESOME. Thai food has more rice-based noodles than Chinese food does.

And think of how SMART we're all getting!!!!

:D :D :D

FOR COMING TO THE RESCUE!

I dug out an old Arrow Mills cookbook..made a great tomato and artichoke pizza..they now have deepdish corn crusts, frozen, whole foods for 3.99 (2 crusts). Can post the recipe if you're interested.

Menina

Yes please!!! Sounds yummy! POST POST!!!!

One wheat free, gluten free crust. I found a two pack at NutritionSmart that was deepdish cornmeal for 3.99

Can drained artichoke hearts

6 minced garlic cloves or to taste

Sliced ripe tomatoes

Mozzarella cheese (part skim is best)

1/2 tsp sea salt

fresh basil, rosemary, italian herbs to taste (about 1 tsp each)

Preheat oven to 375. Mash garlic, artichoke hearts, herbs, sea salt together. Spread on crust. Top with tomato slices and cheese, bake for about 25 minutes or until done. YUM! You might spray the cookie sheet with PAM, etc. so it doesn't stick.

Yes please!!! Sounds yummy! POST POST!!!!

Just a quick update

Started around June 12 and down 6 pounds.:) All the great advice and menu idea's have really helped.

Another vote for this way of life, however it was real hard passing up an excellant cabernet this weekend so I did have a little..... gotta live a little

Thanks again bardgal

Can we start a list of the fast food/restaurant items that a person can eat. I know that eating out a lot isn't a good idea, but there are times when I forgot my lunch at work and need to grab something quick to eat.

I know you already mentioned Baja Fresh fish tacos. Anything else?

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this thread today and have read every post in all the pages...Great Information!!! I really have to give kudos to Bardgal for being so committed to this thread by standing by and "being there" for everyone!!! Gee I hope your sticking around for awhile......Im starting tomorrow!!!

I know sugar is evil and I do work out but...(there is always a but??) lately Ive fallen off the wagon and I cant get up. Ive not worked out in way over a month, ballroom dance classes have stopped for the summer and my daugher got married last weekend to boot and Ive been in wedding planning mode for what seems like forever!!!!....So yesterday I decided that Monday was the day that I got back on track and today I glutened and sugared myself to death...thats right for some strange reason I felt I needed a last hurrah and shoved it all in my mouth...french toast for breakfast ( ive not had it in years...why today?) I did have a homemade salad with grilled chicken breast for lunch but followed that by a Simply delish chocolate bar (chocolate, almonds, caramel) and polish food for dinner, as I sat reading the threads I ate half a large bag of Salsa Sun Chips...AHHHHHHHHHHH! shoot me now!!!

No worried, I know how to binge and I also know how to buckle down so tomorrow, its get up and start, and I will check in daily, I want to be accountable to someone, Bardgal you up for it?

Kalamari? (which by the way is my ultimate favorite) waddya think???

By the way, Bardgal, what is goddessmonth, sounds like a great thing to me....Im in!!!!!

Heres to egg whites...Cheers!!!

So basically you guys are doing Atkins (I know some people think that is a bad word :rolleyes: ) but really it sounds alot like it, high protein low carbs. I am down 60 lbs eating this way. Be careful b/c much like anything it is easy to slip back into your old eating habits and when you fall it is hard to get back up and stay there, I am fighting the good fight now :mad: I will do it though, lol..

Danielle

Archived