best time to book

panz

Book now. August is prime cruising season because so many families can take vacation then especially from New York since it is a driveable port from the Northeast.

I totally agree! In the remote possibility that your price is reduced before final payment date, you can get credit for the price reduction. On the other hand, if the price goes up, you are locked in at the price on your invoice.

Let me fourth that.

And to play Devil's (discount shopping) Advocate: I used to wait until after final payment to shop discount fares during non-peak times (like right now). But while the high-end suites and such may see a drop, the more reasonable stuff (balconies, oceanview, inside) don't drop much if at all. On our January cruise, prices went up (or were fully booked) on many of the mid-range selections after final payment. Cruising has become a mass-market, discount-oriented market. And shoppers are taking advantage of this.

Are last-minute deals still available? Yes. (To stop someone from mentioning one good deal and trying to discount my entire post.) :p But they are becoming rarer and rarer.

Jape

Also it is becoming harder and harder to book a cruise 6 months out without sold out categories........

I have had some cruises where jr. suites for example were sold out within 3 weeks of the cruise being released by the cruiseline.........

Book Now

Let me fourth that.

And to play Devil's (discount shopping) Advocate: I used to wait until after final payment to shop discount fares during non-peak times (like right now). But while the high-end suites and such may see a drop, the more reasonable stuff (balconies, oceanview, inside) don't drop much if at all. On our January cruise, prices went up (or were fully booked) on many of the mid-range selections after final payment. Cruising has become a mass-market, discount-oriented market. And shoppers are taking advantage of this.

Are last-minute deals still available? Yes. (To stop someone from mentioning one good deal and trying to discount my entire post.) :p But they are becoming rarer and rarer.

Jape

Jape, yes during non-peak times that would absolutely work. BUT August is one of the busiest months for cruising. I know that some of RCCL's cruises for next August out of the New York area are already sold out!

Also it is becoming harder and harder to book a cruise 6 months out without sold out categories........

I have had some cruises where jr. suites for example were sold out within 3 weeks of the cruise being released by the cruiseline.........

Book Now

It seems that the suites on RCI book up fast anyway. Especially the Grands and higher.

Archived