Have you used a crib on a Carnival ship?

cruiselisa

I never have used on their cribs. Infact this will be our first time bringing our 2 and 4 year old on a cruise with us 11/26/06. Will they let you bring your own pack-n-play and check it like luggage? I would ask that first. If you have to use theirs, just bring your own sheet!! :)

Kim

Yes, we used their crib, although it was about 4 years ago, on a 4 day cruise. It was one of those portable wood cribs. It was the exact same crib that someone had given me to keep at my Mother's house (when my daughter was there). I didn't have any complaints since my daughter was already familiar with it. The mattress was pretty thin and low. She slept in the crib 2 nights, and with us 2 nights.

We just got off the Ecstasy. Our two year old DS slept in one. I forget the crib's size, but it was very sturdy. So sturdy, we had to page the room steward to collapse it to move into the grandparent's room one night.

It fits exactly in the space between your bed and make-up table. The room steward will put it away during the day.

One quick note, room stewards are off mid-day, around 11-3. So it was a little difficult to get someone set out the crib for mid-day naps. We gave up on the second day and let him sleep in the bed.

We used one on the Ecstacy, worked great, it just stayed setup the whole time and was not that much of a bother, just get the kid tired, they will sleep anywhere...

DS did not have problems, he sleeps fine in beds, play and packs, cribs etc. you might want to practice some sleepovers at family members if possible if the child has never been away from home, just figure out what will work for you...

Yes, we used their crib, although it was about 4 years ago, on a 4 day cruise. It was one of those portable wood cribs. It was the exact same crib that someone had given me to keep at my Mother's house (when my daughter was there). I didn't have any complaints since my daughter was already familiar with it. The mattress was pretty thin and low. She slept in the crib 2 nights, and with us 2 nights.

my last crib use was 4 years ago, too. and i had the same wooden type one, though i think some ships have pack n' plays now from what i've seen on the boards. but, if you do get the wooden one, bring a bumper if you can (i seem to recall not being wild about the spacing of the bars), and of couse your own pack n' play (or smaller) crib sheet.

Thanks everyone! I will call Carnival and ask what type of crib it is. We were told we couldn't bring our pack n play.

When boarding the Ecstasy, I saw the crew load one of those stationary entertainers. (Similar to http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_6/602-3713663-1120615?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BOKAKA)

I guess anything possible. I couldn't imagine that easily fitting in the room.

Thanks everyone! I will call Carnival and ask what type of crib it is. We were told we couldn't bring our pack n play.

I am dealing with this right now and spent hours on the phone last week trying to get a straight answer. We cruise out Dec 3rd on the miracle with our 22 month old. I'll post when we get back exactly how things went for us, but it seems they have no consistent company policies/answers.

we got different answers every time we called, and when a supervisor finally spoke directly with the miracle purser, we were told the mini pack N play is what they have, if we didn't like it, we were free to bring and use our own (was VERY irked by this info since our son would no way fit into their 24" by 36" mini pack N play)...

Colleen

Archived