Upgrades/Upsells on B2B?

ILikeDollars

Hello, I've booked a "14-Day" cruise on NCL (really a 6-Day and 8-Day back to back). Does NCL ever do upgrades/upsells on back to back cruises? I know I wasn't able to book a GTY cabin because it was back to back. Just curious.

Anyone know? Still wondering.

Just be advised that you may not be able to keep the same cabin for both cruises. This is a major PIA to us. Of course if I went from a BB to AB on the second cruise I'd take it. ;)

We're booked in the same cabin number for both cruises on our Pearl B2B, so I can't imagine they would move us to another cabin.

We're booked in the same cabin number for both cruises on our Pearl B2B' date=' so I can't imagine they would move us to another cabin.[/quote']

What I meant is if you upsold to a better cabin the chances of you getting that same cabin on both cruises is about as good as throwing a penny from the ship and hitting a bell buoy.;)

It would be tempting to take an upgrade on the second cruise (or last if you're doing a lot of B2B's) if it were significant. For instance we went from a D oceanview on deck 5 to a AC (penthouse) on deck 9 for a whopping $400 more.

It would have to be pretty tempting to move me from my aft mini-suite overlooking the stern. Especially because I'm really looking forward to not having to pack or do a dang thing except sit on my balcony and drink wine the night before the first cruise ends. It would take the fun out of it if I had to pack up, lug everything off the ship and then back on. :eek:

It would have to be pretty tempting to move me from my aft mini-suite overlooking the stern. Especially because I'm really looking forward to not having to pack or do a dang thing except sit on my balcony and drink wine the night before the first cruise ends. It would take the fun out of it if I had to pack up' date=' lug everything off the ship and then back on. :eek:[/quote']

You could arrange for them to deliver your luggage to the other room and just carry an overnight bag off the ship if you choose to get off.

There's not much to do after 10AM or so. Most of the public areas are closed. We left the do not disturb wheel on and told our stewards not to worry about making up the room. They appreciate that. :)

It's funny walking around late on the last night seeing all the luggage in the passageways.

Hello, I've booked a "14-Day" cruise on NCL (really a 6-Day and 8-Day back to back). Does NCL ever do upgrades/upsells on back to back cruises? I know I wasn't able to book a GTY cabin because it was back to back. Just curious.

Big difference between an Upgrade and an Upsell. An upgrade would basically depend upon whether your first cabin was already booked and at what level. If not I would imagine its a no brainer to upgrade to the room if its available. Or just keep calling and hope the room clears due to a cancelation or something.

An Upsell would also be good for NCL if you have a good room that they can Upsell someone else into. We have been on NCL 5 times and only got an Upsell call this cruise coming up and I think its because we had a good room to start with. Who knows.... :confused:

But at the least all you have to do is pack up and move down the hall and up or down a bit. The rest of us have to actually get off the boat and back to real life. Every single time I cruised I always wished I could just hang out for a bit longer. OK would like to have a day to go home and sleep in my own bed and see by pets and then come right back to my room awaiting on Sunday.

Archived