Triumph Eastern Itinerary Changes

UpstateCruizer

I was just visiting the Carnival site checking to see if our June 2, 2007 cruise cost had changed. I happen to notice the Bahamas listed as our first port of call. I knew it wasn't there when we booked so I pulled out the original brochure and sure enough they changed all of the ports to various days and added Bahamas and Grand Turk to the ports of call. San Juan is now on a Wednesday 7am-3:30pm. We have one less sea day as well. I knew changes were possible due to weather etc I just didn't know they changed ports of call etc like this. I'm thrilled with the changes :) When booking future cruises would it be wise to frequently check for post changes? What if you book an exercursion but they decide to drop that port? 7 months to cruising :)

Well I wouldn't say frequently.

These changes were precipitated by the Elation being moved to California. Grand Turk and HMC were Elation ports.

If you book a Carnival excursion and a port is changed, they will refund you automaticly.

Your TA would have been notified of the change and should have informed you.

I was just visiting the Carnival site checking to see if our June 2, 2007 cruise cost had changed. I happen to notice the Bahamas listed as our first port of call. I knew it wasn't there when we booked so I pulled out the original brochure and sure enough they changed all of the ports to various days and added Bahamas and Grand Turk to the ports of call. San Juan is now on a Wednesday 7am-3:30pm. We have one less sea day as well. I knew changes were possible due to weather etc I just didn't know they changed ports of call etc like this. I'm thrilled with the changes :) When booking future cruises would it be wise to frequently check for post changes? What if you book an exercursion but they decide to drop that port? 7 months to cruising :)

Bottom line here is that I liked the itinerary change so much that I just booked the cruise for 6/2 myself! Got the cabin I wanted at a really great price too! See 'ya onboard.

I was informed of the change from this web site, never got an e mail.. We were questioning the change and veiwing it as an unfavorable change, but reading this site has changed our minds and are even more excited that before. We have only been to Bermuda and the Turks sound as inviting as any port. The stay in San Juan is longer and I dont care for that, I would rather be on the high sea or at a more tropical port of call

I was informed of the change from this web site, never got an e mail.. We were questioning the change and veiwing it as an unfavorable change, but reading this site has changed our minds and are even more excited that before. We have only been to Bermuda and the Turks sound as inviting as any port. The stay in San Juan is longer and I dont care for that, I would rather be on the high sea or at a more tropical port of call

I think one of the advantages to the San Juan change is that we can actually be in port during daylight hours. The old itinerary had us arriving at 5pm at night and leaving again at 10pm I believe. It will be nice to see the area during the day even if we do a shorter walking tour of our own. I'm thrilled to see the Bahamas listed as it's a place I've always wanted to see. When we booked this cruise I wasn't thrilled with the itinerary but this definetly increases my excitement. This is our first cruise so we'll be thrilled regardless I'm sure :)

This is our first cruise so we'll be thrilled regardless I'm sure :)

crazed, when does your adventure begin, I went to Bermuda from Boston last year and was flying high abouts for weeks prior. its one of the most exciting things we have done. we had our teens with us but this trip is a solo for my DW an I:rolleyes:

crazed, when does your adventure begin, I went to Bermuda from Boston last year and was flying high abouts for weeks prior. its one of the most exciting things we have done. we had our teens with us but this trip is a solo for my DW an I:rolleyes:

We are on the Triumph June 2nd~! I've been booked for ages and so excited!!

Archived