Diving-can we book at the port inside gate

tpride3

We want to do some diving while in port and I have read not to go outside the gate without at tour planned. Can any one tell me if there is a table set up about diving? Has anyone done it this way? Any advice would be very helpful.

We want to do some diving while in port and I have read not to go outside the gate without at tour planned. Can any one tell me if there is a table set up about diving? Has anyone done it this way? Any advice would be very helpful.

We did "Discover Scuba Diving" through Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection - their website is belizediving.com. We had a wonderful experience with them (but bear in mind that I have no other dive experience at all to compare it, so your mileage may vary). :)

I was a little overwhelmed by the vehemence with which people tried to get us to buy things from them outside the tourist area, and I was glad I had a 265 pound, trained law enforcement officer (my husband) with me. Belize City can be a little scary.

A few years back we booked independently with Sea Sport Belize. Once tendered in, we just walked a few blocks to their dive shop - no problems. They did a great job, and dropped us back directly at the ship. They even threw lunch in with the deal ....

http://www.seasportsbelize.com/cruiseshipdiving.html

Archived