Car rental drop off at pier in Miami??

gambler

Does anyone know which car rental companies have a return area somewhere by the pier in Miami?

Thanks

we are renting a car from Hertz in Tampa, driving to Miami, dropping car off at Hertz (which is just a hop skip and a jump from the port) and they are shuttling us to the port. This is the first time we are doing this, but after talking with them, it doesn't seem to be a problem? Then they will pick us up a week later, take us to Hertz where we will pick up another car and drive back to Tampa. I won't be able to tell you first hand how smooth it will be until after we get back on Dec 10.

We recently rented from Dollar and it was an easy jaunt to their rental site. It seemed like most of the rental car sites were on this same road, which was very close to the airport. It was only about a 10 minute drive. The shuttle was driving around the port driveway/road looking for people to pick up.

Hope this helps

Thanks, I tried Hertz on line but it would not let me return to the pier??? I will call the 800 number tomorrow.

I made my reservation over the phone. you drop the car off at Hertz which is very close to the port and they shuttle you to the ship. Then you tell them when you plan to get off the ship and the shuttle will pick you up and take you to their office where you can pick up another rental. If you talk to them and get different info, please let me know because I will be back on the phone with them for answers. Worse comes to worse, I guess I will have to drive my own car. just didn't want all those miles on it and leaving it unattended in the garage, especially with so many people coming and going from Freedom and Explorer. Let me know.

The real trick to this is to make sure the car rental service that you rent from from the starting point also has a free shuttle in Miami. Most of the drop offs are at the airport, 10 min from the port. I found out that AVIS no longer has a shuttle, meaning you then have to get a cab after dropping off their car. ALAMO has the shuttle running from 8AM to 3 PM. THRIFTY also as a shuttle running and prices were 59 for full size for next year( nov 23)to go from ft lauderdale airport to miami drop off the next day. The return which is just transportation that same day is 70$. That is as far as I got...Budget had computer problems and could not tell me if they had the shuttle service. Hertz is usually much more expensive than the others I find. We are going to FT Lauderdale airport after our cruise next year and to get back home it seems cheaper this time to hire a service. I found 1-888-RIDE-VAN to have good prices. If you did private it would be 70$ but in a van with others it is 20per adult and 9 per child. That comes to less than renting a car. The only difference is if you rent a car and have a bit more time (like a later flight) then renting the car is the best way since you can do other things before getting to the airport.

Archived