Info needed on transportation to/from luaus

rockymo

We are on the 2/10/07 sailing of POAM . We would like to book our own trip for a luau on either Maui or Kauai. We do not really want to rent a car in either of these places but figure that taxis will probably be too expensive. Are there any other alternatives? I did a search on shuttles on the hawaii board, but nothing came up. Am I missing something. I know that the luaus we have checked on have been 1/2 hr to 1+ hours away. Are there closer luaus? Any info or ideas would be helpful. Thanks

We rented a car for the two days on Maui and attended the Royal Lahaina Luau in Lahaina (across the island from the Kahalui port). We bought our tickets online beore we left home and they were less than $50. per person. We got there early and waited in line (for an additional $15. per person you get into the luau site early with seating right by the strage. However, we were at the front of the regular line and got seated right up by the stage as well and saved the $15. Had a fabulous night. the drinks, food, show and the beautiful seaside setting were fantastic! The Old lahiana Luau is also a good one, but costs over $100. per person. they also do not do any fire knife dancing which was amazing at the Royal Lahiana Luau. If you do a search on this board I remember seeing a link about a shuttle bus service that you can hire if you don't want to drive. Don't quote me, but I think it was around $50. person. Do the search to find out the details..... a rental car is much less expensive though.

Archived