NCL Customer Service

Hobbins

After reading many accounts of cruiser’s experiences with the CS at NCL I was, frankly, not expecting much when I rang them up the other day. The cruise, which is leaving very soon, was booked through an agent many, many months ago. Not too unexpectedly, the prices were coming down as the long awaited date approached. I thought how I could have gotten more for my money if I had waited. At the same time I knew that I made the choice and took my chances. If prices had gone up I would have been feeling a lot better about it but let’s face it, they didn’t owe me anything.

So I called my agent to see what they could do anyway. Turns out they threw me a bone…a very small OBC that I am ashamed to print here. Oh well, that’s life, I thought. Then after I finished the call I realized it wasn’t clear if the OBC was per passenger or total. Should I call the agent or try NCL myself? I knew they didn’t directly deal with people using agents but this was just a clarification, I thought. So, just maybe, I would get a chance to try out the infamous Customer Service for myself. I called.

The first thing that surprised me was that someone answered within a few rings. A very pleasant person soon realized that another department would be better equipped to help me. After a short wait on hold another pleasant person got on the phone and proceeded to provide one of the best customer services experiences I can remember. She seemed truly interested in helping me and after informing me that the OBC was not per person, took my request of “is there anything you can do” to heart. She not only came up with a two category upgrade but kept the OBC as well. :)

Obviously my experience was not like some I have read about here. I do want to say, however, that NCL does have some excellent customer service and that people who may have a bad experience should not give up on NCL. Just try again with another representative. And it doesn’t hurt to be pleasant yourself.

Well, that’s my story. Does anyone else have a tale to tell? Something to learn from perhaps?

It's nice to read something positive about NCL's customer service. When people read these boards it's always easier to remember the negative things. And I think it's always more probable that someone will post about a negative experience and not their positive ones. Human nature, I suppose. Kudos for sharing your story with us. :)

Archived