Reasking a question - sorry!

stbmom

I didn't get responses when I asked this a couple days ago and I just want to ask one more time - just in case:)

If I am brining a box that was shipped Fed Ex (or UPS) to me at the hotel - can I just slap a luggage tag on it at the pier to be taken to our room with the regular luggage?

Basically, we are shipping a box of things to ourselves at the hotel so we don't have to take them on the plane or try to go shopping in Ft. Lauderdale. The hotel is fine with us shipping the box, just wanting to make sure one of the pre-printed baggage tags is all that we will need for the box at the pier.

I look on the Port Everglades website and couldn't really find an answer.

It really doesn't even need to fit through the scanner unless you want to lug onboard yourselves.

Since you are flying in the day before, have you thought of asking the hotel if there is a store nearby where you can pick up diapers? It seems like that would be easier. JMHO.

You shouldn't have a problem. We're just back from the Explorer of the Seas and my mother had an oxygen concentrator shipped up here. It was nicely boxed so we just stuck some luggage tags on it. As a backup I also wrote her name and cabin number on the carton with a big marker. No problem having it delivered to the cabin and no problem retrieving it in Miami.

As a note for anyone wondering about the oxygen. Normally the company delivers it to the ship and picks it up. Since this was a repositioning from Bayonne to Miami it would have been a little harder and a lot more expensive. They suggested shipping it to my house and then getting it back from her in FL.

Archived