Does anyone which dive ops RCL use in Coz and Caymans

craigNJ

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but several people as have asked this question in the past. I have to wonder why do people want to know. Does it really matter?

In GCM, they use http://www.redsail.com

We are the on-island operator for the following cruise lines:

Royal Caribbean International,

The Disney Cruise Line

Costa Cruises

I don't know who they use in Cozumel. There are only 70-80 dive operators on that island, so it is hard to guess. I would think it is one of the larger operators like Dive Paradise or Aqua Safari.

The reason is actually very simple. Although I realise that it is likely to be a cattleboat I want to at least know that they are a reputable outfit. Secondly , and perhaps less so, if time and schedule allows I would prefer to organise my own trip and I need to know which outfit not to bother cntacting as bieng under contract with RCL they would not be able to accept my reservation. Thanks for the info

Craig

The reason is actually very simple. Although I realise that it is likely to be a cattleboat I want to at least know that they are a reputable outfit. Secondly , and perhaps less so, if time and schedule allows I would prefer to organise my own trip and I need to know which outfit not to bother cntacting as bieng under contract with RCL they would not be able to accept my reservation. Thanks for the info

Those certainly valid reasons.

Did you want recommendations for dive operators?

Just returned from Coz and dove with RCCL. We were with Sand Dollar. We had 15 divers from the Jewel and Granduer. The boat was large and the staff was very good. They split us up into two groups, experienced divers and new divers. We dove the Santa Rosa wall and Sand Clamente reef. They were both right off their dive shop. The whole excurison was very organized and well run. We had our own equipment so I can't comment on their equipment.

Archived