First to tender question

twoguyscruising

We are sailing in just a couple days 11/22 on NCL Star 8 day Mexico cruise and we are not in a suite. In PV and Cabo we have booked independent fishing trips (VERY EXPENSIVE).. The PV fishing trip is 6hrs and of course that will use up most of our time in that city. Is there a way, since we did not buy a trip from NCL, to get on one of the first tenders into PV? Our fishing trip in Cabo is only 4.5 hrs but we will need to get off the ship fast. I heard the day before you can get tickets to be one of the first 200 but that still could take awhile. I wonder if I can bribe a cruise official to get our party of 4 off quickly? LOL I guess that sounds kinda bad...

Any thoughts or comments?

We are sailing in just a couple days 11/22 on NCL Star 8 day Mexico cruise and we are not in a suite. In PV and Cabo we have booked independent fishing trips (VERY EXPENSIVE).. The PV fishing trip is 6hrs and of course that will use up most of our time in that city. Is there a way, since we did not buy a trip from NCL, to get on one of the first tenders into PV? Our fishing trip in Cabo is only 4.5 hrs but we will need to get off the ship fast. I heard the day before you can get tickets to be one of the first 200 but that still could take awhile. I wonder if I can bribe a cruise official to get our party of 4 off quickly? LOL I guess that sounds kinda bad...

The person to talk to/bribe is the shore excursion manager. Explain your situation and see if he can get you on an early tender.;) We were able to do that in 2005 on the STAR, he had us wait with all the shore excursion groups and just slipped us in with them getting off the ship.

The person to talk to/bribe is the shore excursion manager. Explain your situation and see if he can get you on an early tender.;) We were able to do that in 2005 on the STAR, he had us wait with all the shore excursion groups and just slipped us in with them getting off the ship.

that is the answer I was looking for .. I was thinking of who to talk to and that made alot of since.

Thank you,

Arthur

If by chance the shore excursion manager is in a bad mood and isn't cooperative the next person to try to talk to would be the Concierge.

The concierge gives out VIP tender tickets to the suite guests, and they would get off either before the shore excursions or just after them.

*You could make friends with any of the suite passengers from your roll call and ask them nicely at your CC gathering and they could request 4 extra VIP tender tickets.

yeah since I sailed last year in a ab suite I think the concierge lady (i don't remember her name) would be my next to ask.. but I have never ran into any ships with personnel that weren't ready to help. So day one I will go to the excursion desk manager to see what strings I can pull... it's amazing what a tip can do... :D

I have often wanted off on the first tender and found the person to talk to is head of security, they are incharge of passingers leaving and returning. We were always were on the first tender when needed. Good luck

I think you are right about the security guy. We were on the NCL Jewel for the transatlantic recently. We had an incident with another passenger who was quite beligerent and security took care of him. They also took us downstairs to the tenders and told the people in charge that we were to get off first as VIPs. We quite enjoyed it.

Archived