Finally Cruising Again!

Rowan555

Well, our Sensation cruise which was supposed to take place last January is finally happening (albeit on the Fantasy, unfortunately). We are taking my inlaws on their first cruise. We're just thrilled to be cruising out of NOLA again, and I'm already looking forward to the Triumph next September.

It's been so long since I've been to this forum - it was too depressing to visit knowing how many months I would have to wait to cruise again. And suddenly it's less than two weeks away!

I'm not seeing a whole lot about the Fantasy on the Carnival board, so I guess I'll check out the reviews. The Sensation was our favorite ship, so we're hoping the Fantasy is just as nice.

I'm sure I'll think of some questions in the next week or so - in the meantime, if any of you have been on the Fantasy recently, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Glad to see you back. We were on the Fantasy for its first 5-night out of NOLA on Oct 30th. I am going back on the Nov 27th trip. I will make sure I wave to you as I am getting off. I was able to get onboard for $262 single supplement in a 5A. I am also booked on the Sun on its first cruise out of drydock on Jan 23rd.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Dave

Okay, now I'm starting to get excited!

I'm already looking at March dates, thinking we might squeeze in another cruise before Triumph arrives. However, with all these great last minute deals, I'm wondering if perhaps we should wait to book. My parents are cruising this Thursday for $432 total for both of them - leaving on Thanksgiving day! We paid a lot more than that for our cruise the following week, but we booked September before last when our Sensation cruise was cancelled. Of course we also have the $400 onboard credit from that whole mess, so it almost comes out even.

Frankly, I'd like to see those last-minute deals begin to decline - because that would mean our port is back to "business as usual" - there weren't nearly so many bargains pre-Katrina, and I'd like to see the ships begin to sell out again! So maybe I should go ahead and book that cruise NOW :)

Archived