$60 dollar fee for spa/pool

SeaBelle

I recently read a thread from a dissapointed cruiser who said that she was surprised to learn she had to pay $15 a day to use the indoor pool or it was $60 for the entire trip. I don't mind spending the money if the amenities/facilities are worth it. Thanks for your insight!!

We were on the Dawn and the Star.

When we were on the Dawn in May, the fee wasn't imposed, but I was told there was a fee this summer.

We paid the fee on the Star.

For us, it was well worth it. Going there became a daily ritual for us.

My wife cannot be in the sun, so the spa pool area gave us a chance to sit in hot tubs and take a few laps without worrying about suntan lotion and crowds. It was very relaxing with only a limited number of people allowed in the area. (40 couples per cruise could buy a weekly pass or you could gain access for the day by buying a spa service)

We were on the Dawn and the Star.

It was very relaxing with only a limited number of people allowed in the area. (40 couples per cruise could buy a weekly pass or you could gain access for the day by buying a spa service)

If they are going to keep this fee in place then maybe they need to design the new ships with 2 spas. 40 couples = 80 people out of a few thousand ? Hmm! :rolleyes:

I was on the Dawn Oct. 29-Nov. 5 and there was a fee and yes it was very much worth it! My wife and I loved sitting out by the oasis pool but you would have had to pay me to go swimming in it. The indoor pool and both spas at El Dorado were virtually always empty and the atmosphere was always relaxing and peaceful.

Thank you so much for all of your insights....

One further question...can this paid for before the cruise or is it first come first serve on the embarkation day??

The fee can't be paid in advance. Once on board, we headed straight to the Spa to sign up for the week. You can also pay by the day if you know that there will be days that you will not use the pool/spa area.

Guest BeckyThane

If you have an appointment booked in the spa, the use of the spa pool area is free for that day.

It's well worth the fee for the first and last days in and out of NYC!!!

Archived