Suit and dinning room

Nata

slacks and collared shirts yes short sleve if a business type oxford shirt, for average nights. for formal, you might skip the jacket, but add a tie for formal.... some men are WAY too hot and turned off on formals, but know, you only need to dress for pics and dinner and THEN can change.... but everyone looks so beautiful.... perhaps compromising on clotes you can layer down, like jacket and tie as the night goes. Unless you push a tux on a small ship 4 night sail, you CAN'T overdress... you'll have to find comfort as how far you UNDERDRESS.

For every night except formal, slacks and collard shirt is a standard.... formal, you choose... you might bargain with the hubby.... wear the jacket and tie for three picture poses than do what you want (you can do pics before or after dinner.... but YOU must plan to get out on the promande to stand in line). How often can you dress up, get pictures taken without any pretense of buying them?... worst case you say no to the pics and had fun posing anyway...... It's an experience.... you really should do it a few times... untill it becomes a tradition, or overated... you decide from there.

pictures only take a few minutes of your time... I'd suggest dressing to the max of what you're comfortable with... get a few shots... and either live it up in the fancy clothes as some do... or change after dinner as many do....

I think as long as you vaction for you while following this simple dress code you'll have a blast. Cruising on this type of line, is NOT all suit, stuffy and a full 12 place setting... the formal is semi formal... as you would go to an expensive restaurant at home.... Many wear evening gowns as I do, only because it's a great chance for US to do so.... not to pressure others into the same. You'll find the majoirity in a black/red/sequinsed cockail type dress with the spouse in a suit, sometimes just a dress shirt tie and pants.....it's all about YOU.... as many threads state... please no jeans or capris (no matter how nice) for dinners.

If you go to the photo gallery, there are pictures of formal nights, this may hep your comfort level. here is a link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=179636

have a great time

carol

ps. we've met people who have NEVER set foot in the dinning rooms, only gone casual buffet and stated they were still pleased. I'm suggesting don't feel pressured to do anything that you're not comfortable with... but at the same time at least consider the alternatives.... I'm sure you'll have a great time either way!!!!!

carol

Archived