Anyone found any good Vancouver restaurants in the Entertainment book?

Hi everyone,

My head is spinning with the 800+ restaurant listing, so I've broken them down by price and locale and type of food. We'll be staying at the Hyatt and are looking for good local cuisine as well as interesting international fare for lunches and dinners.

The restauarants need not be in the Entertainment book, but I'd obviously be interested if anyone has found any *especially good* ones, cause, after all, 2 for 1 (or some of them are 20% off the total bill) is a pretty attractive come-on. Some of them, like "Wildfire" and "Misaki", I've seen mentioned favorably on these boards.

Anyone know anything about:

Francescos (1487 Robson)

Bela Vista Cafe (2255 Burrard)

Pepitas (2015 Burrard)

The Spotted Prawn Bistro (1055 W. Hastings)

Fox & Fiddle Pub (300 W. Georgia, Library Sq. )

Hard to tell from the map if any of these are walking distance from the Hyatt.

Haven't yet checked Mapquest. These are just a few names that seemed close by.

We'll be doing a 7 night Alaska cruise followed by 5 night Pac. Coastal, so don't want to blow all the excursion money on Vancouver restaurants!:rolleyes:

Would love to hear any recommendations for good grilled local salmon to make DH happy!!;)

Spotted Prawn used to be pretty good.Pepitas has good Margaritas-the other places are so-so.

Salmon(make sure it is wild) can be found at Salmon House,The Cannery and Many others. You can go to The Boathouse and have some-okay food. Any of theses in the book?

hello!

if you're staying at the Hyatt (super central downtown - great choice!), there's loads of places in the entertainment book worth checking out.

Mosaic is in the hyatt and has a coupon.

the Spotted Prawn is decent.

Rex is open weeknights for dinner and there's a coupon. It's across the street from the Hyatt.

Also, on Robson, there is Hermitage (french), Zeferellis (italian), Settebello (italian), and Il Nido. Robson street is the main shopping drag downtown - everything from Guess to Gap to Armani and Zara. Anyone can point you the right way and you will find these restaurants. I don't recommend Il Nido. There are entertainment book coupons for all of these.

Francescos is closed now, so don't plan on going there.

Pepitas may be on Burrard, but it's over the bridge and outside of downtown!

Fox & Fiddle is within walking distance, but probably 10-15 minutes away from where you are.

Enjoy!

Wow! This is just great mnm. We will definitely try a few near the Hyatt when our legs are too weary to move elsewhere. A couple on your list are also on the list grouchy included, so sounds like those might be worth a try. Thanks!

When I went to order the Ent. Book, the $10 inventory has been depleted (no wonder), BUT, in case anyone else is interested, they do have a monthly online service available. It is very cheap and you can print coupons you are going to use. Looks like I'll be exploring that option, esp. since we're going to use the trolley & Grouse/Cap coupons, along with restaurants.

The more I read about Vancouver & environs, the happier I am that we will have so much time to explore before the cruise. After all, who knows when we'll be back all the way from the east coast? Besides, having lived in Canada all through university, it always brings back memories!:D

The new Entertainment Book 2005 will be available for purchase the first week of September - while you will be paying the full price you could still save enough to warrant buying it.

If I read your posts correctly you will have time before you cruise to use the ET Book - perhaps some of the other CC'ers will be staying afterwards and you could then sell them the book.

Just a thought

Dennis

Archived