First Timer needs answers-Fantasy

FirstTimer628

Hi there,

I'm new to the board (just signed up five minutes ago) and new to cruising in general and this is my wife and I's first time.

We are booked on Carnival Fantasy for a 5 day trip out of New Orleans.

Here are some questions I was hoping you all could help us with:

1. We have booked a suite, does this entitle us to use the VIP line?

2. Will there be a fridge in the suite?

3. What is the actual time we should arrive at the port?

4. If anyone has sailed on the ship from New Orleans down to Mexico could you give me your opinion on how it is?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.:)

The Fantasy was excellent when we went in June. It was out of Port Canaveral at the time so I can't speak about the Mexico portion of your cruise but I have to say that the ship was awesome. We liked it so much we are considering going on one of the Jan. sailings to Mexico.

As far as the fridge goes, the Cat12 has them, but not sure about the Cat11 suites, someone else will have to chime in.

Arrive at the port between 11am and noon, you may still have to wait a skosh, but that is a good time.

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday. Getting on the ship was a breeze. The lines were long, but they were very organized and moved quickly. The trip was great!! The food was good and there was lots of entertainment. You will love it!

Did you go to Cozumel and Costa Maya? If so, what did you think about Costa Maya?

Did you drive or fly in to NO?

Just starting to plan for our next trip and I have lots of New Orleans ?????'s hope you don't mind!

Yes, we went to Cozumel and Costa Maya. I loved Costa Maya. We joined the "hole in the fence club" and spent the day at Chac Chi. There was just a small group of people there, including the captain of the Fantasy. A few tried to snorkel, but the waves kept rolling them around the coral. It was a nice place to hang out.

We drove to New Orleans, only about 1.5 hours for us. The parking garage was $70 for the cruise.

Archived