Afternoon tea?

Do any of the NCL ships have afternoon tea?

On my tiny CTN on the Carnival Legend last year, they had afternoon tea with a chamber quartet. All in all, it was a very nice experience.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ciao,

W A W W

Yes, they all do. But you probably will not find a chamber quartet playing during tea. Check your Freestyle Daily for the locale.

There is always an assortment of "tea"-type foods served mid-to-late afternoons in the buffet on NCL ships, including scones with all the fixings, other desserts, finger sandwiches, etc. On the Jewel trans-Atlantic, there was a "formal" tea one afternoon (formal in that it was served at your table in the dining room; not formal in terms of dress) during a sea day.

I probably missed it on the Dawn because...well...errr....I just forgot about what a lovely experience it had been! Now the reason I forgot was probably because we were having such a wonderful time on the ship!

I will definately check out afternoon tea on our next trip, a 15 day cruise, through the Panama Canal. I'm guessing that there will be an older crowd (sniff sniff - I'm now included in that group too!) and, therefore, might be well attended. We will have a lot of sea days and I cannot think of a better way to spend the afternoon while at sea. (Well I can, but I felt that sounded more draaaaahhhhhmatic!) ;)!.

Thanks again!

Ciao,

W A W W

There is always an assortment of "tea"-type foods served mid-to-late afternoons in the buffet on NCL ships, including scones with all the fixings, other desserts, finger sandwiches, etc. On the Jewel trans-Atlantic, there was a "formal" tea one afternoon (formal in that it was served at your table in the dining room; not formal in terms of dress) during a sea day.

That's great to hear -- I love tea sandwiches, scones, etc., even if I have to get it buffet style. So this is offered in the Garden Cafe on the Jewel? I assume on a regular 7 night sailing in the Caribbean we won't have the "formal" tea offering.

That's great to hear -- I love tea sandwiches, scones, etc., even if I have to get it buffet style. So this is offered in the Garden Cafe on the Jewel? I assume on a regular 7 night sailing in the Caribbean we won't have the "formal" tea offering.

On our cruise, the "tea" fixings were in the Jewel's Garden Cafe as well as The Great Outdoors (on the fantail of deck 12). Enjoy.

Archived