Is buying online safe?

AiAi

Hi,

I was just wondering if you guys thought that buying tickets from a website such as CruiseDeals.com was safe?

Just wondering because a different agent warned me that if I have problems I won't have anyone to turn to.

Thanks!

Hello,

For our first cruise I searched and researched about buying online. For awhile before the board change there was a great thread comparing most of the online sites. Ultimately we bought our cruise online and we had absolutely no problems at all and everything went smooth. We used cruise value center. When I had a question I picked up the phone or sent them an email and they responded within hours. If you do some research you can find which online agencies to stay away from. I think they are the one's where the only contact is via email. I don't recall which one's they are but I'm sure others will chime in on the subject.

Take Care

Most online agencys are probably just fine. I would certainly want one I can actually talk to by phone and not email only. I would also want to know that they will follow through with personal service and go to bat for me if something goes wrong. The cheapest price may not be the best value.

Most online agencys are probably just fine. I would certainly want one I can actually talk to by phone and not email only. I would also want to know that they will follow through with personal service and go to bat for me if something goes wrong. The cheapest price may not be the best value.

TOTALLY agree!!

make sure you book with an agency that will let you speak to someone on the phone.

I used Best Price Cruises and they were wonderful to work with. I booked on line myself, then I had questions, so I called and spoke to a travel agent there. She then became 'my' travel agent for the duration...helping me to get upgraded several times between my booking and the cruise.

I was SO nervous the first time we booked online! I saw my money go away online when I looked at my bank statement online but didn't have anything really to show for it. I'd been talking to this nice guy on the phone but I'd never seen him. I called the Carnival and they wouldn't tell me anything. Now I was really getting worried. I thought they were in cahoots with that crook (I was beginning to think) who had taken my money and run off to Mexico with some little bimbo from the local bar whereever he might really be located. (Who really knew for sure?) Finally in desperation I called Carnival again and begged to know if they'd ever heard of this flybynight outfit that had bilked me out of thousands of hard-earned dollars (MyTravelCompany- one of the biggest) and they at least verified that they did exist. But still I was worried.

Then my cruise documents came

If there was ever a reason to dance it was holding that wonderful blue packet of cruise tickets in my hands!

Be cautious as we should in all Internet transactions, hang out here for a while and read between the lines to gather who's who in that game, but go for it and buy with confidence!

Archived