Grandeur of the Seas-Western Carib

Aerobic1

Well after all the research and reviews we (2 couples) decided on the Grandeur of the Seas on 2/10-17. I haven't cruised RCCL before but have cruised on other lines and always happy.

We will be doing the Western Caribbean through Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya, MX. The other couple we are going with have never been and on a tight budget.

Question one: we used *****.com and got an excellent deal of $438 on a basic inside. Has anyone else used them before and what were your experiences.

Question two: any excursions, ports of call info or ship info appreciated. Is there a spot that we can find the equivalent to Carnival Capers to see what the week will offer?

Question three: we're now searching for airfare from Detroit to New Orleans. Does anyone know of a site besides travelocity where they will send you specific fare alerts for specific trips or good websites for fares?

Logistics for getting to the airport to the port? (12 miles approx from MSY?)

Thanks in advance.

I see that you already found the Roll Call for your sailing, so you can probably get a lot of info there. For New Orleans info, hopefully CCXNola will see this and can chip in to help with that info. For excursions, http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/shoreExcursions.do;jsessionid=0000wVMr1UOx2NXbAw7YyY-EtYf:10ktmevl6?shipCode=GR&Day=10&Month=02&Year=2007&packageCode=GR7WCNO4&sailDate=1070210, hopefully that link will get you back to the RCL page that has the excursion list for your cruise. If not, come back and I'll try to get the link to you again. Good luck with it, I love the Grandeur, have sailed her twice, and Mariner once, and honestly enjoyed sailing Grandeur more. Hope you and the newbies enjoy it as much as we did.

If you are interested in Mayan Ruins, I just used David and Ivan in Costa Maya about 3 weeks ago. Wow, it was exactly three weeks ago today... how time flies! It was an excellent tour. You can find info on them here:

http://www.chacchobenruins.com

There are also pictures in my photo album from Cozumel and Costa Maya. I also posted a track of our route to the ruins on my Costa Maya cruise map. :)

Theron

When in Costa Maya definately check out mahahual. 3 dollar cab ride each way and its REAL Mexico, with Real Mexico Prices. Me and my wife went there on legend in nov and it was great. We drank, ate and bought a few things and didnt spend more than 50 bucks.

For flights, we check kayak.com it searches multiple sites and shows flights for Charters - like Air Tran and Jet Blue as well as major airlines. Kayak will also send fare alerts. We are doing the same cruise as you, but in March, and got fares from Buffalo to New Orleans for around $200 per person, flying in the day before the cruise. Air Tran seems to have lots of seat sales, if you are prepared to wait it out till closer to the departure date.

Archived