Travelpride cruises?

Wyldboy72

Does anyone have any experience with Travelpride vacations?

They have an interesting Scandinavia/Russia cruise next summer. Anyone know if Atlantis or RSVP will have something similar?

Thanks

Jeff

There is nothing like it scheduled for 2007 on either RSVP or Atlantis. I doubt they would add anything this late in 2006. A cruise in the Baltic is wonderful. There are many "ordinary" cruises there. Have you checked for any Pied Piper groups?

There is nothing like it scheduled for 2007 on either RSVP or Atlantis. I doubt they would add anything this late in 2006. A cruise in the Baltic is wonderful. There are many "ordinary" cruises there. Have you checked for any Pied Piper groups?

Atlantis is doing a Baltic cruise in 2007 http://atlantisevents.com/html/vac/CS07.asp , but the problem is that it sold out shortly after it went on sale. They have said that they are going to do another Baltic one in 2008. Having done 10 Atlantis cruises I would recommend waiting for 2008 unless you can get on the waitlist for 2007.

I have travelled with Travel Pride twice before and really enjoyed the experience. The owners of the company are always onboard and are very gracious hosts as well. One thing to consider tho is that TravelPride offers a much more intimate cruise experience than the other 2 big guys Atlantis and RSVP. On a TravelPride cruise you will get to know just about everyone on board pretty quickly as most of their trips are on smaller ships. I would highly recommend them for any cruise, but even moreso on a cruise whose itenerary is port intensive. The staff does a great job of researching the ports and letting you know what bars to go to and what areas of town to see and/or avoid.

I've been on several of their cruises and, even though they've only been around a few years, they have their act together. Everything is top notch, the reservations process, documents, their hosts and management on the cruise, the special entertainment. I last did their Costa Rica/Panama cruise in February 2006 and a MED cruise in July 2006 and everyone on board had nothing but good things to say.

I did just read in Out Traveler that Travelpride was voted third favorite all-gay Tour Operator behind Atlantis and RSVP so that must mean something, even placed ahead of Olivian. There were also a bunch of IGLTA awards we were told about that they just won in early 2006.

Take them, you'll be happy.

• 4 months later...

Smallships, I was on that cruise... who are you? I hope not the "Souvenior King".

Greg is right on the money. Actually Greg IS the money. Actually... Greg OWES ME money... well maybe not darling. But Tom Collins, no fruit, Sprite on the bottom... LOL

Archived