Sweatlodge? Anyone done this?

CanadianRed

I have just booked the Temzecal Sweatlodge expereince with Princess. Has anyone participated in this particular shore excursion? It sounds great, but I am getting a little nervous about it - I am not sure what to expect, or how hot it will be (they say that you will sweat out between 2 and 3 L of water while in the sweatlodge!!

I would love to hear from anyone who has done this.

A temazcal is a traditional Mexican 'sauna' - if you like saunas you'll like temazcals!

I tried one once and it was great, I didn't know it was available as a shore excursion in Cozumel - do you know where they take you exactly?

When I tried it we were sitting down inside an 'igloo' with the hot coals and in the centre, they add water like a normal sauna to control humidity and also use traditional herbs which are said to have curing effects.

It gets pretty steamy but I'm sure you will be able to tell them if you're too hot, or just leave...

There's a bit more info on Wikipedia here.

Ian

Archived