SNUBA...Has anyone done this in the western Caribbean?

lives to cruise

I did a SNUBA "dive" in Hawaii a few years back and loved it. I have not done SCUBA because of the pricetag, but I am planning on again doing SNUBA on my next cruise to the Southern Caribbean in 3 weeks. We were able to go down about 20 feet, wich was plenty in Hawaii; we were close enough to the bottom to touch, but of course we didn't.

Hi Sallie,

SNUBA is a great way to find out if you are thinking about becoming a certified diver or want to experience the freedom of swimming underwater without tanks. SNUBA is what caused my husband & I to get certified...not certifiable LOL..in diving. Two men that were in our group that day just couldn't do it. They tried to but it just wasn't their thing. The charter group gave them their money back, which I thought was really nice of them. It does cost a lot of money but it could save you A LOT of money in the long run if you decide to take up scuba diving. Diving is not a cheap-sport by any means but you could never put a dollar figure on the enjoyment and fulfillment it gives you.

I hope this helps you a little.....enjoy your cruise!

Archived