I guess I just have to start a new one...

intrepid_guy

I asked this question on another thread and it never really got answered. So my solution is - START A NEW THREAD!

Booked my first Carnival cruise on the Triumph this coming February. I would like to know if what I paid is a good deal or a screw up. I booked through my company's travel agency.

So, this is what I did. I wanted to book an 8A balcony cabin on the Triumph for a Western Caribbean cruise. (We are showing up to surprise other family members) My travel agent quoted me a price and then wanted to upgrade me to an 8C for that price. I declined it saying that the 8C rooms were all the same and could I have an 8B with the larger balcony. Long story short, I got the 8B with the larger balcony. We are on Empress Deck all the way aft on the port side (7416 I believe). So I paid 2058.00 for two including port charges and all taxes and fees. Does this sound reasonable? I am an NCL die-hard and really do not know.

Now, if I find a better price I should be able to get it - yes? I have not made my final payment and do not plan to until the last minute (12/10/04). I hear that Carnival honors price reductions if you have not paid the final balance.

Thanks!!!

~Intrepid

I just checked the price via cruise.com. Their prices were somewhat cheaper (the Feb. 19 sailing wasn't all that much different; but there was a bigger difference in the other sailings in February).

I don't know much about it, but others have talked about transferring bookings to get a lower price. You may want to look into that.

This is something you should have checked with before you booked.
Not all cpmpanies will honor other companies prices.
BEFORE booking is when you need to ask the TA HOW they handle price reductions.
You didn't say who you were booked through, but I know that when I booked through Best Price Cruises they told me they would honor a lower price if [B][I]I[/I][/B] found a lower price on their web site OR on Carnival's. I have heard that other companies will honore ANYONE"S lower price...but I don't know if yours does or not....do you???? If not, you need to find this out.

BTW...I checked Best Price Cruises for your Cruise and they came in only slightly lower than your price at a tad under $2,001.00 for two people in an 8B.
My advice is to keep a watch on the prices of YOUR cruise through the company YOU booked from. If your cruise price goes down on their web site, then call your TA and ask what he/she can do for you. If you happen to see a cheaper price on another web site, by all means check into transferring your booking (if your TA won't honor another's price)...but you may incur a fee with that...I'm not sure.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Archived