How's the fresh fish at Albertos

Beach Bound

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this on another thread...

Just got back from a weeks stay on Cozumel and wanted to let everyone know that Alberto's is still wonderful!! There was a discussion last year about this place and I just wanted to tell everyone that since the hurricane they have a bigger beach and a new palapa...even volleyball and wave runners now. They are open everyday from 10am until 10pm. Alberto's mom works the day shift and he works the night shift. No one is hardly ever there. They let the local fisherman park their boats there there after a day of fishing...so Alberto get's first choice from thir catch. You can not get fish, crab, lobster any fresher than that!! This is Alberto's fourth year to be open...still hardly no crowds. I love this place and hate to remind everyone about it...but since I can't live on the island I thought I would give this place a plug so it will still be open when I go back next year. They are located past right past Mr. Sancho's. Any questions, just ask. And if you go...tell him the people with the harley's said hey!!

• 2 weeks later...

How do you get to Alberto's? I would assume you need to take a cab, but does anyone know how much the cab would cost? We will be doing the dolphin swim at Chakanaab in the morning and would like to have lunch at Alberto's (if it's not too far) before we head downtown for the afternoon.

There is no web site for albertos. I know that it is listed on some of the Cozumel sites, but they do not have one that is only theirs. They are a "mom and son" operation. They just got electricity this year, before they cooked eveything using generators.

From the park, you are half way there. I would imagine that is would be another $10.00 cab ride. I know from Punta Langosta it is a $22.00 for four people cab ride, one way. I really do not know how to tell you exact directions other than they are right after Mr. Sanchos and before Iberostar, and across the highway from El Cedral.

Hope this helps..if not, just ask!!

Dee Dee

Just asked two groups of cab drivers. After much deliberation, the 1st group came up with $17USD and the 2nd-$18USD. Have a great lunch and post a review!

OOPS! Just saw you wanted from Chankanaab....lemme go ask again! Ok, $12USD from Chankanaab...have fun!

paradisecozumel

Hey Pip, I think I saw on another post that they were open 10 am to 10 pm. I could be wrong though. I just wanted to confirm...Albertos is an easy walk along the beach just north from palancar beach, right?

Distance between the two is 1.6 kms or 1 mile. Appetite building walk!:D

paradisecozumel

Archived