Missed docking in Costa Maya

Beach Bound

I noticed some posted have had to skip this port due to weather.

We are cruising in the middle of December. I am thinking about waiting for Costa Maya to parasail and waverun instead of in Cozumel where I was thinking about just snorkeling and shopping. What do you think? Costa Maya is our last port what are our chances of waiting? Is December a good time of year there?

Thanks for your help!!

Adrienne:)

Thanks for your reply!

What about wave runners??

Where is the best place to rent them?

Do you think about parasailing is it great?

I am going with my 17 year old son.

We have not done parasailing or wave runners.

There are several places to rent PWCs in Mahahual. The first place you come to is Tequila Beach. They rent them there. About 500 yards further you will come to the town itself. There are several vendors along the beach that also rent them. It depends on how many ships are in port on whether they will negotiate the price with you. I have seen them come down as low as $10 for 30 minutes.

While querying the internet, I did find one place in Costa Maya offering parasailing. It is also at Tequila Beach. There is a big note on the page that the tour will be offered starting DECEMBER 1st, 2006 So it looks like you are in luck.

http://www.*****.com/Tour_Parasailing.cfm?aff=en_pl

Dave

Thanks Dave for going the extra mile and finding the info on parasailing!

I was wondering is the plarform on the boat with this co. I'll e-mail them.I have read it's safer to take off from the boat.

I think I may personaly pass on parasailing. I am already ziplining, but my son may want to do both.

Thanks again for your help!

Adrienne:) Wow I see your cruising in one day!

where are you going? Have a wonderful time!!

Adrienne:) Wow I see your cruising in one day!

where are you going? Have a wonderful time!!

Hi Adrienne,

Actually I am sailing in one day on the Fantasy, getting home Saturday, washing clothes and repacking Sunday and leaving out again on the Holiday.

The Fantasy (New Orleans) will go to Costa Maya and then to Cozumel.

The Holiday (Mobile) will go to Cozumel and then Calica (Playa del Carmen)

Both ships were super cheap. Both are a 5-night cruise.

Fantasy $262 for a 4A upgraded to a 5A, single supplement.

Holiday $210pp for a 6B.

Dave

Hi Adrienne,

Actually I am sailing in one day on the Fantasy, getting home Saturday, washing clothes and repacking Sunday and leaving out again on the Holiday.

The Fantasy (New Orleans) will go to Costa Maya and then to Cozumel.

The Holiday (Mobile) will go to Cozumel and then Calica (Playa del Carmen)

Both ships were super cheap. Both are a 5-night cruise.

Fantasy $262 for a 4A upgraded to a 5A, single supplement.

Holiday $210pp for a 6B.

Dave

Dave I'm amazed, all that and you still have time to post!

Do you dive or what's happening ? Hope you post when you get back!

Thanks, Adrienne:)

Dave I'm amazed, all that and you still have time to post!

Do you dive or what's happening ? Hope you post when you get back!

Thanks, Adrienne:)

Hi Adrienne,

Just got finished packing for tomorrow. Yes, I do dive but it will be on the Dec 4th cruise. I find it cheaper to take a cruise and dive than to fly and dive.

Basically on this trip, I am taking it easy in Costa Maya and will wonder around town. Most of the crew on the ships goes to a restraurant at the end of the street which they say has good Italian food.

For Cozumel, I am renting a car so that I can go exploring around the island since I am going solo on this trip.

We cannot board the Fantasy until 1:30pm because of a Coast Guard inspection. Usually you can get onboard at 11am. I am still going early to New Orleans. The Queen Elizabeth 2 will be in port. I am going to take the Canal St. ferry across so that I can get a decent photo of her at the berth. Also we are very lucky in that the Queen Mary 2 will be in port at Costa Maya when we dock.

Here is a photo I took of the Holiday at Calica back in early Sept from an airplane I rented.

holidayportsmall.jpg

Here is one of the Fantasy at Costa Maya.

Dave

fantasysmall.jpg.f44f5104fc0b52b994dcb21ba59d1d92.jpg

Dave, I thought about you this morning! I picked up my parents a little after 8 AM from their cruise on the Fantasy. Hope you're having a great time. Keep good care of the ship, we'll be getting on just as you're leaving. My dad did NOT like the Fantasy at all. I don't know what his problem was - I think he just loves the Spirit and the Conquest and isn't able to "downsize" to a Fantasy class ship anymore. Whatever - I'm really looking forward to the trip and already planning another one in March.

Hoping for warm weather in Costa Maya - it was too cold last time to really enjoy the beach.

Dave, I thought about you this morning! I picked up my parents a little after 8 AM from their cruise on the Fantasy. Hope you're having a great time. Keep good care of the ship, we'll be getting on just as you're leaving. My dad did NOT like the Fantasy at all. I don't know what his problem was - I think he just loves the Spirit and the Conquest and isn't able to "downsize" to a Fantasy class ship anymore. Whatever - I'm really looking forward to the trip and already planning another one in March.

Hoping for warm weather in Costa Maya - it was too cold last time to really enjoy the beach.

Hi Susan,

The Fantasy class ship is perfect. Not too large and not too small. Had a great time on it.

Dave

Archived