QEII Botanical Gardens

Barbara Hornblower

Hubby & I are sailing the Celebrity Century w/o Dec 11th and we're thinking of doing this too but I did not see an excursion. I will have to do a search for non-cruiseline excurisons or see if it's just doable by taxi. My husband is a photographer and usually spends HOURS taking pictures. He won't want to be on someone else's time line.

I'll let you know if I see anything. We're in CG Dec 14th assuming the weather is calm enough for tendering. :o What day are you there?

The QE II Botanic Gardens is off Frank Sound Road towrad the eastern end of Grand Cayman. This is a bit far for a taxi, and generally there are NOT taxis waiting for a return to the port. Plan ahead for your return or rent a car to set your own schedule.

Since it is well removed from Georgetown, you are unlikely to find the gardens overrun by fellow cruise passengers. Instead you will find beautifully landscaped gardens and perhaps a few of the Cayman Blue Iguanas that make the park home.

This is the one place that my own mother wants to go every time she visits the island.

Archived