Ready to Redeem MBNA Points

lucia1024

Hi

I am so happy to finally be able to redeem my 1000 points for my AK cruise in May 2006.

I was wondering if there is a telephone # that can be called just for this process. I don't think that all MBNA cust serv reps are familiar with the Rewards Plan. If I can avoid the hassle of making numerous calls I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

We are going on our third rewards cruise in a few weeks, and this is a PAIN every time I have to do it. I think that 1-800-932-2775 is the best number to call. Once you get beyond the automated stuff and to a customer service representative, just say that you want to redeem your 1000 points for a $1000 Norwegian travel certificate (they may make you get 2 $500s, but either way...)

Good luck!

I wish I could find my post from my last redemption with BofA. Here is my advice call, work your way thru the prompts. Ask have you redeemed NCL Compass rewards before. If the answer is no hang up try again:D Once I got the right person it was painless, took less then a minute, and had my reward documents in a week.

I just got the card and have a few questions also.

1) Do I need the certificate in hand before I reserve my cruise, or just before final payment.

2) If I use the card for final payment, can I then use the points I received from paying for the cruise(plus any others I may have earned) to get the upgrade?

Thanks.

Can I still use my certificates after final payment but before sail date? If so' date=' will my cc be credited?[/quote']

I sent in my 2 $500.00 certificates around 10 days after I made my final payment which btw was around a week late and I rec'vd the $1000.00 credit about 10 days later, so yes you can send the certificates in prior to sailing and after you've made final payment. It only took about 5 days to recieve the certiicates after I had requested them and I mailed the certificates certified mail.

• 2 months later...

Once I get through all the red tape and get the certificate how much time do I have to arrange the trip?

I was told that I had to call MBNA to get the certificates? NCL does not issue them??

I also note that the value of my points have gone down from 1000 points to a present 739 points. I called in and the operator said that they are only good for a certain amount of time?

These damned reward points to me is a big rip off, including the frequent flier miles programs. Too much of a hassle to go through. Anyone that can help will be greatly appreciated.

Billy7312mac

Once I get through all the red tape and get the certificate how much time do I have to arrange the trip?

The certificate expires in one year after you get it. You MUST both BOOK AND SAIL the cruise in that time or you lose it.

I was told that I had to call MBNA to get the certificates? NCL does not issue them??

Yes, you call into MBNA, not NCL, because the program is through MBNA. (Well, Bank of America now but I still call into the number on the back of my MBNA credit card).

I also note that the value of my points have gone down from 1000 points to a present 739 points. I called in and the operator said that they are only good for a certain amount of time?

The points expire 3 years after they are earned. You must use them or you lose them.

These damned reward points to me is a big rip off, including the frequent flier miles programs. Too much of a hassle to go through. Anyone that can help will be greatly appreciated.

Billy7312mac

You just need to be an informed consumer and learn to read the small print and learn how to best use your points and mileage programs. I successfully manage to "earn" almost $6,000 a year in free goodies from all of the various programs, credit cards, etc. I am in.

Last year, I took a free cruise for 2 on the NCL Jewel doing a Western Caribbean. This year I am taking me and 2 friends on a 9 day NCL Pearl Caribbean cruise and it's only costing $100.

I just cashed in 5 days worth of Priority Club points for a 5 day stay in Ft. Lauderdale. The hotel rate was $170 a night so with taxes and everything, I figured I saved $1,000 there.

These programs are an awesome way to earn free travel and other things. However, you must learn the best ways to earn and redeem the points in order for them to be effective. All in all, I would say in the past 15 years of points programs, I have received around $75,000 worth of free stuff. When I bought my new house, I earned $5,000 in Home Depot gift certificates from my NextCard (no longer in business).

Paul

Archived