Formal Night on the Dawn

jane1960

We are leaving soon on the Dawn for an 11 day East. Carribean cruise, (first time cruise) How many formals nights do they usualy have? I don't have the opportunity to dress up often and think it would be fun with DH but it seems alot of people don't dress up.......will there be other people in formal wear in your experience? Don't want to feel out of place!Thanks......Jane

I have cruised on NCL Dawn and Spirit. In 2003, the Dawn had only one formal night but I think now the norm for NCL ships is 2 formal nights for a 6 or 7 day itinerary. I would say half the people did dress up for those nights but not with formal wear. Most people who chose to dress up chose a suit for the men and a cocktail dress or a long dress for women but I have not seen many (no more than 3 or 4 per night) ball gown or ultra-dressy evening gown. The long gown I saw were simple while I've seen all types of cocktail dresses or fancy pants outfits (flowaway pants, sparkling or flowy tops).

Do you have your dress already? I could tell you if I've seen dresses like this (I mean just general impression, not exact same dress) on NCL.

There will probably be two optional formal nights on an 11-day cruise, plus maybe one semi-formal evening. Don't worry - you won't feel out of place on any night that you choose to dress up. While only 25-40% dress up typically on the formal nights, you'll see people dressed up every night.

Archived