Cruisin' on Celebrity Century - Shower Stall Question

mamaon911

Hi, does anyone know the dimensions of the shower stalls on the cruise ships? I know they only have a stand up stall so I'll need to bring a little blow up bath tub for our 15 month old, but I'm also afraid it'll be too big to fit into the shower stall? It seems like everyone is giving me the feeling that it's TEENY TINY. :/

I've contact Celebrity and no one there knows the dimensions of the stalls. The blow up tub we're bringing is this one:

11828-dv-1.jpg

It fits very snug into our tub at home. It measures 33"L x 23"W x 8.5"H. Do y'all think this would fit? Or should I go buy a smaller one just in case?

Wow ... tough question.

If I had to guess ... I would think the deminsions are probably about 30"x30" with about a 2" threshhold. However, it is not a sqare area. Imagine you are looking at a 30"x30" square. Start at the upper right corner and come out about 12" accross the top to the left. From that point, draw a straight line down to the lower left corner. That line would be the openeing where the shower curtain is.

Like I said ... not sure of the exact deminsions ... but think this is pretty close.

I would suggest a smaller tub ... or have the child stand in the shower with you and bathe that way.

Hope this helps!

yes matt that does help! :) at least it's a inflatable tub so if we don't use it, it'll just pack away nice and compact. at least a 30 x 30 idea is better than me thinking it was a 12 x 12. -_-; lol. the lady i called just said, "it's just enough for one person to soap and rinse and get out".

hahaha

thanks! :D

It's it's too big, don't sweat it! The bathrooms all have drains in the floor, so, you could your "Bundle 'o Joy" in the middle of the room w/o concerns.

Also, it'll double nicely as a "pool" on deck - since your darling won't be old enough for the pool(s). Be sure to keep it out of the way of other cruisers, and your bundle will enjoy their day in the sunshine, also!!

Lady_& Baby_G!

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't what you asked but...on the Zenith, my husband showered with our 14 month old DS. We practiced taking showers for about two weeks before the cruise. He cried at first and was scared but soon learned to love it. We bought disposable washcloths that already had baby soap in them.

Archived