Boarding passes and airline tickets

cmacf1

Now that our cruise is a little more than three weeks away :D :D :D :D , I'm starting to think about the nitty gritty stuff. What exactly do we need to board the ship? Our TA told us not to print out our own boarding passes, but I have no clue why she would say that (I didn't speak to her directly.) We are not flying in with the person who paid for the cruise -- will that cause any issues? They will be boarding several hours before us. Also, it being a holiday cruise will unbelievably awful airfares, we paid for Princess air. What will we take to the airport to check in at the airport? Thanks for the info!

As stated above you don't really need anything but your Id and whatever additional documents you need for your cruise to prove citizenship.

Now, it does save time at the pier if you go to princess.com personalizer and fill every thing in and print out a copy. While not absolutely essential, your should have your cruise documents. Princess now has e-docs if your TA chooses to deliver them that way.

Now, I am curious why you haven't actually talked to your TA. What kind of TA doesn't communicate directly with clients and answer questions? Answer---a bad one!

The actual boarding pass can be printed off several times. So, print it off for yourself. If the TA you use also wants to print one off for you, great. But it won't stop her/him if you print it off yourself also.

As for the airline problem. I don't think I would want to go to the airport without at least a confirmation of my flight in hand. There is also a site your TA can direct you to for that info if they don't want to provide you with it.

For your flights, you'll receive specific flight information. When you get it, I would call the airline directly immediately and make sure I have the seat assignments I want and that my frequent flyer miles are being applied.

For my cruise in February, I treated myself to Business Class and was given my flight info day after booking. I called Delta and AA (open jaw flights) immediately and got the seats I wanted as well as confirmed that my FF miles were getting credited. When I go to the Delta and AA sites, I can log in and see my flights. You should be able to do the same when you get your flight info. Don't hesitate to call the airlines. Once booked, unless it's a charter flight, you don't have to contact Princess.

Archived