Awesome POH Thanksgiving Cruise!!!

CruiseAddict58

Nice to see positive comments. With recent price drops and air fare sales going on, we're seriously looking at POH for this coming January.

You mentioned that you had three cabins. What category/deck were you in, and what did you think about the cabin layouts and sizes?

Did any children sail with you? I'm curious to know about the kids programs.

Was the Pacific Paradise luau at the Sheraton Kaanapali?

Glad you had a great time!

Dear BankofDad,

I highly recommend this cruise. We had 3 category "C" cabins (2 cabins were adjoining...#6508, 6510, and 6512). On some websites these cabins are not even shown to exist. They are on deck 6 (port side) where there is only 1 hallway of cabins. It was secluded and very quiet. We had access to the Stardust Theater just outside the door entering our hallway. Mid-ship of Deck 6 is the entrance to Alizar which main morning dining very convenient.

As I mentioned there were 6 of us. My mother (age 70+, our 24-year old daughter, our 13-year old son, my 12-year old niece, my husband, and me.) My mother ended up staying by herself and both the 12 and 13 year olds wanted to stay with our daughter whose cabin adjoined our cabin. These cabins are 161 sq.ft. and have a large picture window. When I first walked in, the cabin seemed really small; however, the amount of storage was fantastic. We had them change our twin beds into a king/queen. There was a pull-out bed and also an overhead bunk. Of course we didn't use the extra beds in our room, but in walking down the halls, I noticed all 4 beds being used in several rooms. I think this would be a little crowded, but it would definitely work. Besides, we were in our cabin only to sleep and dress.

Neither of our children took advantage of the teen program. Both are very mature for their age and spent all their free time roaming the ship, making new friends, and playing basketball, ping-pong, etc. Both children play basketball for their school teams, so they were able to "hang in" with all the older ones on the courts. They both thoroughly enjoyed the karaoke lounge at night.

On several occasions we ran into groups of younger children from the kid's program. They seemed to be having a fantastic time. They were always singing and seemed to be well-chaperoned.

If you have anymore questions, let me know. Gotta run, son has basketbll game.

Catherine

Oops....forgot to tell you BankofDad that about 2 weeks prior to sailing, I got an email from NCL offering us an upgrade on all 3 cabins to cabins with a balcony. It was an awesome offer; however, I declined since we planned to spend very little time in our cabins. There was also no guarantee that all 3 cabins would be together.

Archived