Debarkation Question

noelm

We're cruising on the Ecstasy out of Galvestion. She's supposed to arrive home at 8 a.m. My mother-in-law has a 3:20 flight home from San Antonio (approx 4 hr drive) - in your experience, will she make it if we do "self-assist"? Do you think they'll let us off in an early group if we show her ticket? Appreciate any insights.

We're cruising on the Ecstasy out of Galvestion. She's supposed to arrive home at 8 a.m. My mother-in-law has a 3:20 flight home from San Antonio (approx 4 hr drive) - in your experience, will she make it if we do "self-assist"? Do you think they'll let us off in an early group if we show her ticket? Appreciate any insights.

320 is plenty of time.. as long as there are no delays.. She doesnt qualify for early debarkation.. they say flights before 2pm.. so you need to do self assist or hope for a smooth debarkation

We just took the Ecstasy the week of Thanksgiving. We were off the boat at 10:30 am. We disembarked the regular way since we just live in Houston.

I would suggest that you try to get off the ship first. Is the 2:00 pm flight deadline for flights out of Houston? I would try to explain to Carnival that the flight is out of SA and see if they can let you disembark with the first group.

Also, getting your car from the parking lot can take 15-20 minutes!

Best of luck!

I hope your cruise is returning on a Saturday, not a Monday or Thursday as it may take you four hours to get to Katy on a weekday.:mad:

If you are traveling on a weekday you will be able to use the I-45 HOV lane to get into town but it is a little tricky getting back on I-45/I-10 to head out of town if you are unfamiliar with our streets.

You can find some information on the HOV lanes here.

http://www.ridemetro.org/TransportationServices/Carpool_Vanpool_Services/HOV_locations/Gulf_HOV/Gulf_HOV.asp

Archived