Less than 24 hours to go

this time tomorrow I will be in PR getting ready for my cruise...I finished packing last night (for the 3rd time:p ) but I'm still nervous I don't want to forget anything....I just have a few last minute questions:

1. Is there really a secret door on the Destiny? How do I find it?

2. I've read many posts and I'm still confused about bringing the liquor home that I purchase...How many bottles are you allowed to bring on the ship and plane? Any suggestions, if I want to stock up:D

The problem isn't going to be how much you can bring back, it will be how you will get the bottles home on the airline. You have to check all liquids now, so you run the risk of coming back with soggy clothes. Check some other posts as people have been successful doing this with bubble wrap, and other such items. I have read others where people have spent a considerable amount on booze, and came home to broken bottles and wet clothes.

For us, the way to bring back liquor is to use bubble wrap, and lots of clothes!! Also, if you purchase liquor at the duty free shop at the airport, since you've already cleared security, I believe you can take it in your carry-on. You can bring back as much as you want. There's just a limit on how much of it is duty-free. When you fill out your customs form be honest about how much liquor you bought. It seems that most of the time the customs people don't ask that you pay the duty/tax on anything over the limit. Check your docs for guidelines about duty-free allowances.

The "secret doors" are all the way foreward on decks 6 and 7 I believe. I know they're there, I just can't remember which deck(s). They're not labeled "Crew only" or anything like that. They lead to open deck space at the front of the ship. Very windy up there when the ship is moving.

Archived