Cruising to Alaska

twnkltoz

My first cruise was to the Caribbean, so nice and warm! Alaska will be so different...temps in the 50's and 60's. Talk about your Alaska experiences...how did you dress, where did you hang out on the ship? Did you do any swimming/hot tubbing?

When we went to Alaska, they were in the middle of a heat wave. The day we were in Anchorage, they set a record high temperature, something in the mid-80's. So, yes, we were able to go swimming several times. One of the high points was watching Glacier Bay from the pool.

That said, a lot of how you experience the weather depends on when you go, and where you're from originally. People from the northern part of the U.S. often find the temperatures more spring- or fall-like than people from the southern states. Plan on dressing in layers and you'll be fine.

KD

One of my favorite pictures from Alaska is sitting in the hot tub , while cruising Tracy Arm. We've been twice, lots of rain the first time, just one day the second.

Alaska? We did all the things shipboard as we did on all the others.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing, I took so many pictures I think I wore my finger out!!!! Alaska was amazing and we are looking forward to going back!!

Archived