"Live from Adventure of the Seas"

Ana asked the Hotel Director about New Years, and she said that they are going to have a party, but no other plans (i.e. - formal night being moved up, etc). So you can expect a Party (no surprise there!)

BRL

Once again, thanks a lot BRL. Just the info we were looking for, I'll share with our roll call.

Safe travels returning home. You have done a wonderful service for your fans and followers that have been hanging on your every post this week.

bobj

BRL-I have felt that I was with you every step of the way. I have just a couple of more questions????

1.Did you have a welcome aboard basket delivered to your cabin? If soo was it there before you got there?

2.Were people able to schedule spa treatments as they boarded?

3.When you get home...would it be possible for you to post the cruise compass from St. Martin, St. Thomas and Puerto Rico.

Thank you very much.

BRL-I have felt that I was with you every step of the way. I have just a couple of more questions????

1.Did you have a welcome aboard basket delivered to your cabin? If soo was it there before you got there?

2.Were people able to schedule spa treatments as they boarded?

3.When you get home...would it be possible for you to post the cruise compass from St. Martin, St. Thomas and Puerto Rico

Thank you very much.

We did not have a welcome aboard basket - but I did order flowers on-line for my DW before hand and they were in the room when we arrived.

You can schedule spa treatments as you board. The earliest you can take one is 1:30 - 2:00 (that is an estimate!!)

I'll do my best to post the compases. Where would you want me to post them? And do you mean Scan and post? I have a scanner at home - just not a wiz at doing it.

BRL

Ah... St. Thomas! What a beautiful port to pull into. For those of you keeping score, today the best side of the ship to be on was the starboard side - the boat backed into the peer - so from our cabin we were able to look out across the bay at the beautiful green hills and the wonderful boats anchored in the harbor.

First things first in the morning.... breakfast delivered to the room. THEN it is off to the customs visit. Since we are re-entering a US port after visiting a foreign port, we need to get rechecked by customs officials. It is a very organized process - bring your passport or Drivers Licence AND Birth Certificate and wait in a fast moving line for the Customs official to reapprove you to enter US Territory. All told we were in and out in less than 10 minutes, and that is after being placed in the slow line.... it is amazing how some people don't read instructions... "You mean I have to had my drivers license AND a birth certificate?.... Why?..." Argh!

Then it was off to do some morning power shopping. My DW has been bothering me to pick up a watch - and I've been resisting. I have three beautiful ladies in my household - and they deserve (and get I might add) most of what they wish. But when Momma puts her foot down and says I'm getting something... well.... that's different. So yes mr. mortgage doctor... my DEBIT card got a workout today!:p And of course the misses got some more glitter for her collection - but it was small by the normal standards. Shopping in St. Thomas is not bad once you get by the barkers on Main Street - once inside the shops things are relatively calm!

We were able to power shop our way back to the ship in-time for a noon lunch at Windjammer. Then it was out to the Solarium to soak up some wonderful sunshine. Mother nature really is smiling today - a beautiful sunny day with temps in the mid 80's. So we got some more reading done, then retired to the cabin for our late afternoon nap. My DW is still resting as I write this, but we'll be up and rousing ourselves toward the lounge at around 6 PM. Dinner is at 8:30 (in the dining room) but we have one more treat - we've been invited to a little gathering with some of the staff in one of the crews quarters for a trip ending toast and drink. So we might be late for dinner - but it should put a cap on a wonderful week!! Sande - I will make ONE LAST STOP by the Champagne Bar tonight and give Dexter your email address! :) And hopefully I will be able to sleep in order to be up and rested for our ticket #1 departure from the ship to catch our flights in San Juan tomorrow at 12:30.

I may be able to post again tonight, and very possibly from the San Juan Airport tomorrow if they have high-speed access to answer any more of your questions. Once home, I will post a final summary of final thoughts on Monday. Hope all is as well with you as it is here for us!

Enjoy your Day!

BRL

Bill, thanks for finding out about NYE and for continuing to entertain us. Your reports have made me look forward to the cruise even MORE, if that's possible :)

3.When you get home...would it be possible for you to post the cruise compass from St. Martin, St. Thomas and Puerto Rico.

Thank you very much.

I found recent (Sept. 2006) CCs on cruisedailies.com for the Aruba - Curaçao - SMX - STT route and I've been studying them assiduously :D . I know activities and schedules change, but I like getting an idea of what to expect.

good morning brl...hope you were able to get of the ship quickly and painless...and off to the san juan airport...thanks again for all of the daily updates it has been wonderful to get your play by play info on the days activities...let us know that you got to the airport safely and home in one piece...fyi...supposed to be in the low 40's today in the upper midwest...pretty much the same all week long...not exactly caribbean weather but still a heck of alot better then what it could be...

Hope you made it home safely and without any delays.

I just have one more question. Upon looking at the deck plans I was looking at Deck 14 where the Viking Crown Lounge is because my Meet and Mingle is goiing to be in the Blue Moon Lounge. On the side of the Viking Crown lounge there are two other rooms marked, Cloud Nine and other other room marked Seven Hearts. Are these lounges also?

We did not have a welcome aboard basket - but I did order flowers on-line for my DW before hand and they were in the room when we arrived.

You can schedule spa treatments as you board. The earliest you can take one is 1:30 - 2:00 (that is an estimate!!)

I'll do my best to post the compases. Where would you want me to post them? And do you mean Scan and post? I have a scanner at home - just not a wiz at doing it.

BRL

A scan and post would be great...or my e-mail is angelaandjohn@charter.net

Bill -

Thanks for the information on the debarkation time. Think I'm going to go with a later flight. I would hate to stress out about making an 11:40 flight. Can't imagine the nightmare that would start if we missed it.

Tamara

Bill -

Thanks for the information on the debarkation time. Think I'm going to go with a later flight. I would hate to stress out about making an 11:40 flight. Can't imagine the nightmare that would start if we missed it.

Tamara

Tamara - We were able to get off the ship at 8:00am on Sunday and we were picking up a taxi by 8:30am. Customs was a breeze. We just dropped our forms in a box and that was it. They also now have something called valet luggage which you leave your luggage at the pier and the airlines will take it to the airport. It only cost 10.00 a person and was wonderfull becuase we only had to carry our carryones.

This made the taxi fare cheaper since they charge per piece of luggage.

Hope you made it home safely and without any delays.

I just have one more question. Upon looking at the deck plans I was looking at Deck 14 where the Viking Crown Lounge is because my Meet and Mingle is goiing to be in the Blue Moon Lounge. On the side of the Viking Crown lounge there are two other rooms marked, Cloud Nine and other other room marked Seven Hearts. Are these lounges also?

No - these are more like quiet rooms - they are used for groups, but mostly they are just quiet rooms with games, etc. If my memory serves, they are actually in the compass advertised as "Quiet Rooms".

Made it off the ship by 8:00 AM. San Juan has got the luggage situation figured out. All the luggage is put in one big room sorted by the color on your tag. Once we found our luggage (maybe 2 minutes) we then moved into the customs area.... where all we had to do was drop it in a box! Perfect!!

We took advantage of the American Airlines deal of $10 per person to have your luggage picked up at the terminal and get your boarding pass in advance. It worked like a charm! It makes the cab cheaper by .50 per piece of luggage. Plus with your boarding pass you pass the crowd in front and go right to security. We went thru that pretty fast, and got to our gate by 8:45... for a 12:25 flight. So we could have easily made a 9:30 AM Flight - although that may have made me nervous.

The flights went without incident, other than it was (1) too long and (2) it happened on a Sunday so I could not get my football fix! We were able to kiss our girls upon arriving home a little at 11 PM central time. So finishes our wonderful cruise aboard Adventure of the Seas.

Actually, Richard Spacey just announced this past week that he is finishing his last contract with Adventure of the Seas. He will be moving to Freedom of the Seas once he finishes this term. He is rather cooky, IMHO. :D

When will Richard Spacey be finishing his last contract on AOS? Do you know who the new CD will be? We will be on the AOS March 11, 2007.

Sorry, he did not mention either. He just noted it briefly in his farewell address on Saturday night, so maybe another cruiser who has talked to him personally knows, but I certainly do not. I do know that a lot of the staff from the Adventure of the Seas are transferring to the Liberty of the Seas to open the ship, but that won't be until summertime.

BRL - Thanks for being such a great travel guide. I have copied the link for this thread and sent it to everyone who is thinking of going on the march 2008 sailing with us. I'm sure by then that many of the staff will have moved on, but hearing about youe experiences has been priceless.

Actually, Richard Spacey just announced this past week that he is finishing his last contract with Adventure of the Seas. He will be moving to Freedom of the Seas once he finishes this term. He is rather cooky, IMHO. :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we were going to book freedom but went for liberty instead grrrrrrrrr:eek:

Tamara - We were able to get off the ship at 8:00am on Sunday and we were picking up a taxi by 8:30am. Customs was a breeze. We just dropped our forms in a box and that was it. They also now have something called valet luggage which you leave your luggage at the pier and the airlines will take it to the airport. It only cost 10.00 a person and was wonderfull becuase we only had to carry our carryones.

This made the taxi fare cheaper since they charge per piece of luggage.

Brenda - Thanks for that information. It looks like both you and Bill made it to the airport very quickly. So I think I'm going to book my 11:40 flight. Sure would be nice to make it home at a decent hour since we are flying all the way back to Phoenix. 9 hours! Yikes!:eek:

BRL: I enjoyed your posts very much even though I do not plan to cruise on Adventure anytime soon. We like the Radiance class better, and are

doing Panama on the Brilliance in February. I love your open minded view point, and plan to have the same mind set if we hit any little snags on our upcoming cruise. Cruising is for enjoyment and is what you make it. It was evident that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation. Welcome home, and look forward to your final thoughts.

Archived