Requesting an ANIMATED server for dinner

Cinderelli

If you want dignified go to the supper club and be catered too. It's awsome also.

I have to disagree. It's a dining room for cripes sake.....NOT Ponderosa or Furrs cafeteria.

I have to admit my first thought when I saw the title was that this was something to do with Disney! :D Cinderelli, I'm sure you can ask. I don't know if you'll get what you asked for, but let's hope you have a fun staff irregardless.

Cinderelli, I totally agree with you, we should be able to request a certain type of dining room team. I've had animated, fun, excellent wait staff, and also quiet, shy, average wait staff. I would not be hesitant to request a server that was experienced, friendly and animated, as the wait staff can have a huge impact on your overall dining experience. But, I think that you should wait until you get on the ship and speak to the maitre'd about it, I don't think the PVP could do it. I'm all for "bringing out the best" in the servers, but if you have a really good one to begin with, it makes the whole experience that much easier. If this is something that is important to you as a paying customer, you have every right to request it. Others may want servers that hardly speak and just provide good service, they should have the option of requesting that as well.

Go for it, and let us know how it goes!

Livtojump, if you and I were on the ship together, we would be the odd couple.

I guess that's why there's chocolate, vanilla AND tutti fruity.

At times - probably. But like I said it's the dining room and the dining room is where one should exude a little class - Not saying that those that choose to "dance on the tables" or join in the "festivities" (Laura we really need to add that "I'm gonna puke icon") aren't, but it's just not for me. To me the dining room means, fine dining, prompt courteous service and intelligent conversation. But that's just me.....and "that" is OK. I don't need "animation" to enhance my dining experience and it doesn't - it only takes away from it.

Make no mistake I have a very "animated" personality. Ask anyone that knows me from these boards but I also know that there is a time and place for everything and I act according to my social situation.

We have a favorite local restaurant that we visit frequently. I would absolutely ask to be seated in our fav waiters "area". If there was a waiter there that we could not stand, I would absolutely ask NOT to be seated in that area.

The Maitre'd is PAID to help you enjoy your dining experience, and they are paid to know their wait staff. They should have no problem meeting your request. I'm sure that most people that have cruised several times know exactly what type of wait staff you are interested in having, and I'm sure the Maitre'd will as well. It's a simple request.

Alot of people don't care what type of team they have, but since you do, you shouldn't worry about requesting it.

Archived