8 day spirit cruise

crazymomhas2

in sept my family and i took our first ever cruise and absolutely loved it (bahamas/florida).we are now starting to plan our next one. we are considering the 8 day cruise to bermuda on the spirit. anyone take this trip? i tried the link about passports and it isn't working. do we need one for this trip? how far in advance should i get them? thanks for the help and any suggestions.

michele

Yes, after about the 7th of January, 2007, you all will need passports. As the passport office can be show with the process, you should just go ahead and get yours as soon as you can.

I have not taken NCL to Berumda, but have done this one 2 other lines. It's a lovely trip and Berumda is simply beautiful. Enjoy!

I think it has been extended you may travel without a passport:

Effective January 23, 2007, all U.S. citizens traveling by air to and from Bermuda and the Caribbean are required to have a valid passport to enter the United States.

As early as January 1, 2008, U.S. citizens traveling between the United States and Bermuda/Caribbean by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid U.S. passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries. American citizen travelers are encouraged to apply for a U.S. passport, or the passport card when it becomes available, well in advance of anticipated travel. American citizens can visit travel.state.gov or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on applying for a passport

If Bermuda is your primary interest, you may want to consider a strictly Bermuda cruise. NCL has the Majesty out of Boston and the Crown out of New York. Both are older ships so you would want to research and understand either before booking them.

I love Bermuda and would be disappointed having it be only a one day stop. For most people however the Spirit would be a preferable ship. So basically weigh your itinerary against the ship and see where your preference lies.

As far as the passport, the deadline has been extended, BUT if there were some kind of emergency which would require flying home, you wouldn't be able to do it.

in sept my family and i took our first ever cruise and absolutely loved it (bahamas/florida).we are now starting to plan our next one. we are considering the 8 day cruise to bermuda on the spirit. anyone take this trip? i tried the link about passports and it isn't working. do we need one for this trip? how far in advance should i get them? thanks for the help and any suggestions.

michele

I cannot answer the passport question but we were on the Spirit.

We did the Spirit 8 day last summer with our 2 kids, age 12 and 8 now. We loved the Spirit and the ports of call, St. Thomas, Tortola, and Bermuda. Great weather, great service, beautiful ship!

This was our 3rd NCL cruise. We were on the Majesty x2, Boston to Bermuda in 2004 and 2005. The Majesty was nice and Bermuda is a great destination. Our kids preferred the Spirit to the Majesty, a much bigger ship with more restaurants and more to do for all.

We live in MA so the Majesty is more accessible to us. However, we found that traveling to NYC worked out great and was much easier than I thought it would be.

This summer we are going on the NCL Dawn to the Bahamas and Bermuda. My wife and I have been on other lines but for now we love freestyle cruising :) for our family.

Good luck with the decisions.

michele

Just keep in mind, you may not need it for cruising but, in an emergency, if you had to fly home you would need the passport.

IMHO, always better to have a passport:)

Easy to obtain.

thanks for all the info it sounds like we are better off getting the passports just to be safe. the trip out of bayonne would be closer actually live right there but i have to be honest i loved the freestyle and the programs they had for the children on norwegian were outstanding, my kids had a blast. thanks again i'll keep everyone updated on my decision.

michele

Archived