what time can you depart the noordam in new york

btnilreb

We need to know about what time we can leave the noordam in new york so we can order our limo to pick us up with a minimum of wait time--any info will be appreciated---also does anyone know if the laundry service is 12.50 or 25.00 per bag--are they offering the 70.00 unlimited package-

there's no absolute answer to your question IMO other than "around" whatever time

if you're in a suite, you'll receive priority disembarkation .. if not, it depends on a variety of factors including what your time your flight might be and whether you have booked that with HAL ..

most importantly, there is the possibility of a delay from Customs/Immigration depending on whether your previous port was in the US

my suggestion: take the # of your car company with you and see if you can call from your cellphone on the morning of disembarkation once you have docked ..that should give your driver at least 2 hours lead time .. most car companies prefer that approach to getting there and waiting/waiting/waiting which means you'll wind up paying for time wasted

I called Holland America about this same issue. They said most people are off by 9. I added an extra hour for complications (we have 11 people including small children in our party) and have our van scheduled to pick us up at 10.

On 11/15, we were on the pier at 9:15 AM. We had driven in for our cruise and parked on the pier right next to the boat. I figure that since we had no airline ticket numbers / times to put on the disembarcation form, we were among the last off the ship. I found the luggage situation to be the best of any port out of the 4 other ports we have experienced. A very helpful porter met us, loaded all the luggage for four people on his cart, took us right through customs which was a breeze even though one of us had to declare some items, and helped us load up the car. We were on the road by 9:30AM.

I'd do as SeaKing suggested & bring the number for the limo company with you - the ship could arrive late into NYC die to heavy seas, the port authority could get a wild hair and delay disembarcation for whatever reason, lines for porters to bring your luggage from the pier to curb are lenghty, etc...

(Generally immigration is not an issue as the last port before heading north is typically San Juan, PR)

Also, just because they call your number doesn't mean you have to immediately leave the ship - so if you tell the company 10 am you'll probably be fine.

Archived