Carnival Jubilee

angelwhorns

and we had a great time. Keep in mind that it is one of the oldest in the fleet and don't expect to see anything "grand" and you'll have a great time. For our first cruise, it was just big enough that we could enjoy everything she had to offer.

The staff was great!!! Always willing to serve with a smile!

As everyone here says...A cruise is what you make it!!!

Have fun and if you have a moment, go visit Athena's restaurant in Nassau. it is on the corner of Bay & Charlotte St. (just up the street from Hard Rock Cafe). It is a Greek restaurant and the owner George treated us great when my wife was visting his shop on the first floor (the restaurant is upstairs). He was a treat!!!

We sailed July 10th for 5 days. We found out when we arrived that we weren't going to Key West, (ship was having engine trouble). WE believed this because we had smoke coming out of only one engine, the movement onboard was sickening,(divers fixed it for the trip home on the last day). We left Jacksonville and headed to Freeport. (We knew nothing about Freeport) WE arrived and found that the nearest shopping is a 25 mile round trip from the port. We were hesitant but took the unairconditioned van with the other 14 people they crammed in it to Port Lucaya. Very miserable ride, stayed for 1 hour and found crammed van to bring us back to ship. We were supposed to leave at 6pm, however, we stayed sitting in the port until midnight. (Couldn't get off, nothing there anyway). OKAY so now we are happy, happy to head to Nassau! We were supposed to get there at 7am- we arrived at 2pm. WE jumped off the ship and headed to Atlantis (our main excursion) all the diving was cancelled for key West and Nassau. We were to be back at the ship by 6:30pm. WE came flying back at 6pm, got on board and was told that we were staying until 11pm. Get back off the ship - the entire town of Nassau was closed - the only thing open was Senor Frogs. If we had known that we were staying longer we would had shopped first and then went to Atlantis. Nassau rolls up the streets at 6pm during the week. The evening in Nassau we sat on the deck and watched the divers go back and forth under the ship. (That was actually sort of neat) OVERALL the staff was great to us, we felt so sorry for them because there were alot of upset people and cancelled events where we were supposed to be. The waiters and stewards just tried to keep smiling and do their jobs. This ship only has a few more sailings and I am sure they are just trying to make it last a few more weeks. Just my daughter and I went - if the entire family was with us it would have been a nightmare. (THey are into the diving). Like one of the school teachers onboard said, "I've heard of trips to nowhere, but this is a trip to nowhere you want to go". Anyway now what ship do I book for Christmas??????

Archived