Help Mr. Barbados, How To Spend The Perfect Day?

melodyrg

i have been reading everyone's comments, and can still not figure out how to best spend my day in barbados.

my husband and i love to swim, snorkel, eat & drink local treats, learn about the local culture & history, see the fabulous natural sights, etc.

your suggestions will be invaluable to us. thanks a lot.

melody:D

How much time do you have to invest in your quest for Valhalla?

If this is your first time on the island, I recommend that you take some kind of tour. You will pack more into your short visit and consequently you’ll get more out of it.

I do not recommend specific tours anymore, but look for one that will give you a tour of our East Coast and an offshore snorkel (off Dottin’s Reef of our West Coast).

You could do a taxi tour (my choice) and see much of our history and diversity of the island. Taxi rates are now at US$25/hr for up to four (4) in the cab.

Or, pay US$1.50 for you and ur hunny and take the public bus completely around the island. You’ll get to see so much that way and talk to the wonderful islanders. Have the bus drop you off at Holetown and catch a water taxi out to some of the sunken ships (200 at last count, some very shallow) from Holetown south. For a few extra bux, the water taxi will wait while you explore…not to worry about being stranded. It seems like everyone’s brother-in-law has a boat and is a guide (LOL).

A first-time visitor’s dilemma is that there is just too much to see and do in a few short hours. Concede that and whittle your visit down to a few quality stops.

Some of the pubs and rum shops have the best food for the cheapest prices. You don’t have to go into Sandy Lane and spend US$200 for lunch when you’ll be very pleased at the Water front Cafe of Kokomo’s.

Best wishes for a wonderful time on my favorite island! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There

My hubby and I will be visiting on the Celebrity Galaxy on March 11th 2007. We will be docked from 7am to 5pm. Therefore we would want to be back at the boat no later than 4pm. This is one of the stops that we are most looking forward to. Can you advise us on what would be a good selection for us to see in the time we have allotted? We prefer the natural and historical not the commercial venues.

We have read that the Harrison caves and rainforest tours are very good. We would also love to experience some snorkeling and beach. Would you be able to give us any suggestions of how to plan our day?

Melodie & Brian

Canada

Many thanks for the following info.............

Or, pay US$1.50 for you and ur hunny and take the public bus completely around the island. You’ll get to see so much that way and talk to the wonderful islanders. Have the bus drop you off at Holetown and catch a water taxi out to some of the sunken ships (200 at last count, some very shallow) from Holetown south. For a few extra bux, the water taxi will wait while you explore…not to worry about being stranded. It seems like everyone’s brother-in-law has a boat and is a guide (LOL).

Many thanks for this info. We would very much like to do this.

Please could you tell us which bus to get and where from?

Archived