Cruise pier to Long Beach airport

Hi all:

My husband and I are booked on Monarch of the Seas next week. I booked our return flight on Jet Blue out of Long Beach at 11:30 a.m. thinking there would be enough time to make it to the airport. I really wanted to get home in time to pick up our pets from the boarding service before they close. My rational was that we would use self assist when we debark and that Long Beach is a small airport that is fairly close to the cruise port.

Now I am getting nervous about missing our plane. If anyone has experience with this cruise port and airport, please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Are you doing the 3 or 4 day? Either way you are leaving on a weekday and will hit some traffic but you should be find as long as you do self debark. It should only take you a 1/2 hour or so. It is not that far and you will not hit as much traffic as you would to LAX. We have the same problem. We want to get out early to get the pets but at least we are close to home. No worries! 11:30 gives you plenty of time.

Hi all:

My husband and I are booked on Monarch of the Seas next week. I booked our return flight on Jet Blue out of Long Beach at 11:30 a.m. thinking there would be enough time to make it to the airport. I really wanted to get home in time to pick up our pets from the boarding service before they close. My rational was that we would use self assist when we debark and that Long Beach is a small airport that is fairly close to the cruise port.

Now I am getting nervous about missing our plane. If anyone has experience with this cruise port and airport, please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

If you have time let me know how it was when you get back. We are booked for the 3 day in Feb. Can't hardly wait. Wondering how the weather is in Ensenada. Thanks!

Sherry

Have flown out of Long Beach twice...........locals say it is the best kept secret in S. California...........

From the pier you are only about 7 to 10 miles to the airport..........check in was easy........and not crowded at all.........

Granted we were on the Vision and debarked on a Sunday........but getting to the airport was a breeze. We took a taxi and if I remember it was about $25 or $30 to get to the Long Beach Airport.

I booked our return flight on Jet Blue out of Long Beach at 11:30 a.m. thinking there would be enough time to make it to the airport. If anyone has experience with this cruise port and airport, please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Here's some knowledge to set your soul at ease.

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/crusshp.htm

Another important note: Make sure you let the Pursers Desk know your have an early flight. You'll get White Tags and an early debarkation.

We Just got off the Monarch on Friday. We flew out of LAX home at 1:30 pm, and I was getting really nervous because we were still on the ship at 10 am, even tho all 3 days when I checked withthe pursers desk, all 3 pursers told me that we would be off between 8:45 and 9 am. We had scheduled a towncar to take us to LAX that was supposed to be there at 10 to pick us up.

Turns out they only had 3 customs agents checking in people, and it was very backlogged.

Moral to the story: INSIST on early departure tags, don't let them tell you that your color group will be off at a certain time, because it may not happen.

We were finally in our towncar at 10:45, made it to LAX Light traffic on a Friday) in about 30 minutes. We flew in on Airtran, they only have one gate so check in was easy and quick, and we had about an hour for lunch prior to boarding our flight (long way to Florida just on airplane snacks)

Archived