Excursion for family of 9

adogaer

I was looking over the Carnival excursions and they have a Jeep, Cavern and Beach excursion that looks interesting. Here's the dilemma. It says only 4 per jeep. We are a group of 9, 5 adults and 4 kids ages 6,5,4 and 2. Will they let the 2 year old lap sit? Is it even safe to have him lap sit? I'm the only one out of the adults that wants to spend anytime on a beach. The rest aren't beach people. My suggestion of Paradise Beach got nixed soon after it came out of my mouth. I think the kids would have a ball and I would surely enjoy it!

So if anyone knows about the jeep tour or if there are any other suggestions for an excursion for us all. Thanks!

I know, I know. I'm only an hour away but I'd have to go by myself and let's face it, the East coast of Florida isn't the Caribbean by a long shot!! I seem to find other ways to spend my days off than lazing on the beach. At least in Cozumel it's a vacation and forced "beaching". :)

I don't think you want to take a child in your lap on that tour, it get kind of rough riding sometimes. I'm not even sure they allow that but you can inquire of them about it.

If you're looking for suggestions consider a private snorkel tour for the family with a beach stop included. I believe you'll find several water sports operators offer them.

Also some of the beach clubs offer snorkel tours from their shores or via boats. Take the boat tours the close-in, shallow reefs are the ones with the most damages from last year, but quickly coming back.

There is a BIG difference in Cozumel's power white sand and Florida's beaches, so that alone might well be a motivator to enjoy those in Cozumel. I'm sure you'll find the food and drinks better.

There is a BIG difference in Cozumel's power white sand and Florida's beaches, so that alone might well be a motivator to enjoy those in Cozumel. I'm sure you'll find the food and drinks better.

We are on the other side of the Gulf of Mexico and also have the sugar white sand, considered one of the best in the world. :cool:

We are on the other side of the Gulf of Mexico and also have the sugar white sand, considered one of the best in the world. :cool:

You've got to be kidding. Comparing Florida's Gulf Coast beaches to the South and East side beaches of Cozumel. LMAO.

You've got to be kidding. Comparing Florida's Gulf Coast beaches to the South and East side beaches of Cozumel. LMAO.

NOT kidding. I've been to Mexico 30 + times on land and sea trips.

I'm trying to post a picture, not having much luck.

I'm originally from the Gulf Coast and do agree that there are some very nice beaches there. I can't compare to Mexico however as I've only been there once with the same group and alas didn't do the beach. :mad:

Ok, so here's a question about the roughness of the jeep ride...can you compare it to the safari ride at Animal Kingdom?

Is there another way to get to the cavern? I think the 2 year old would really like that and the beach. He would probably love the jeep ride too as he likes to go fast. He's all boy!

Here's the details on the excursion:

Discover the beauty hidden in the tropical savanna of the Yucatan Peninsula behind the wheel of a rugged 4x4 Jeep.

On this excursion you will:

• Take a 45-minute tender (to Playa del Carmen, mainland Mexico) ride and then meet your guide and board your 4x4 and be lead away from civilization as you caravan through Playa Del Carmen towards the exotic vegetation of a tropical jungle.
  • Travel off the paved road and into the wilds as you search out the hidden underground world of the lost Mayan civilization.
  • Go back in time as you explore a mystical and ancient cavern. Your guide will lead you through the cave to discover its stunning natural formations.
  • Walk among stalactites and stalagmites and have the unique opportunity to swim in the crystal clear waters of the cavern's cenote, a fresh water spring in a limestone sink hole, to get a closer glimpse of these natural wonders.
  • Leave the jungle behind and head out to the sea. Stop at a charming restaurant on beautiful Xpu-Ha Beach for a taste of genuine Mexican hospitality as you enjoy your lunch served in Paradise.
  • Swim in the Caribbean, walk along the white sand beach, soak up some sun, play a game of beach volleyball or just relax in the shade in a hammock.

I'm not opposed to a private tour as long as it's reputable and won't get us stuck in Mexico.;)

Thanks everyone for your help!

Archived