Question about transferring booking

I booked our next cruise (YAH-HOO --- CONQUEST HERE WE COME AGAIN) through an online agency. I have used the agency before and really liked their Customer Service – but this time something was lacking. I won’t go into all the details except to say that I was ready to transfer the booking when they were able to straighten out the biggest problem. Now they have me (and my BIL/SIL) all set up with a great military discount – lower than what Carnival offered - which I didn't know was possible.

My question is –

If I continue to have problem getting the rest of my requests taken care of (things they said they would do – that now they say they can’t – or won’t) can I transfer the booking and still keep the great rate? We don’t cruise until July 2005 so all we have down right now is the deposit.

You can get a military rate from any agency, however they may be discounting on top of that. Most (good) agencies will price match if you have it in writing. You can cancel the reservation with the other agency (be careful, they may have a cancellation fee) and set up a new reservation with another agency. I don't know if you can actually "transfer" a booking from once agency to another. Try escalating the problem and talking to a manager, maybe they can even have you switched to another agent within the agency.

In order to "transfer" the booking, you would have to do so with the blessings of the agency you are leaving, which is unlikely. The only realistic way to go from one agency to another is to cancel and rebook. This could be problematic if the agency you are leaving has a cancellation fee or if you have specific cabins that you really wanted.

I was instructed by a Carnival rep that I could transfer the booking - but they suggested calling them first and request a three-way call with the agency. Even one of the reps at the online agency told me I could transfer the booking to Carnival - without me bringing it up. I had said I wished I had just booked it with Carnival directly and that's when she told me I could transfer it. I didn't do it then because I wanted to make sure they got the military rate straightened out - which they did - and gave me a better military rate than Carnival. For our cabin it was a 292.00 savings verse 19.00 that I was quoted by Carnival. For my BIL/SIL it was a 318.00 savings verse 160.00 from Carnival directly - so it was worth it to wait.

My question - for those in the know is - If I do decided to transfer the booking to Carnival will I keep the rate that I'm confirmed and deposited on? I don't have any intention of canceling the booking - if I don't have to - and I want to keep my rate and cabins.

Archived